2005 Weber Genesis Platinum C Stainless Frame

BPratt

TVWBB Pro
Hello,

I have a Weber Genesis Platinum C Stainless frame and parts for sale in Central Massachusetts. The frame, wheels, tables, control panel, and knobs are all in good shape.

Everything is disassembled.

If you want to pay the freight I will ship it.

PM me if interested.

Thank you,
Bill

Hello,

I have a Weber Genesis Platinum C Stainless frame and parts for sale in Central Massachusetts. The frame, wheels, tables, control panel, and knobs are all in good shape.

PM me if interested.

Thank you,
Bill
I am interested in frame and parts, what year frame? I am located near Syracuse ny.

Lee, are you sure about that. They didn't even make the SS Platinum grills in 2008. Can you show a photo of the serial number and then the grill itself?

It is a certainty that the SS Genesis Platinum was gone before 2008, but who knows what they did with their serial numbering. My understanding is that the Platinum was a 2-year model - 2005 and 2006. In 2007 they went to the 300 series Genesis.

It is a certainty that the SS Genesis Platinum was gone before 2008, but who knows what they did with their serial numbering. My understanding is that the Platinum was a 2-year model - 2005 and 2006. In 2007 they went to the 300 series Genesis.
My guess would be that remaining stock was allocated to high-end dealers. According to the original owner, this one originally came from a store that still has the Full Service Specialty Store designation from Weber.

Addendum: According to grillparts.com, the Platinum B/C designation ran through 2010.

Last edited:
This is what I get by running the part number on Weber.com.
Lee, if you would be so kind, please go to this web page and input your full SN and see what it comes back with. THis is interesting.

2022-08-30_144743.png

My guess would be that remaining stock was allocated to high-end dealers. According to the original owner, this one originally came from a store that still has the Full Service Specialty Store designation from Weber.

Addendum: According to grillparts.com, the Platinum B/C designation ran through 2010.

I’m on my 5th one. I haven’t paid a lot of attention to the serial numbers.

My current one, number 5 is a D0

My registered one is a DR

So they are not from the same calendar year?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 8
BPratt: Your Serial Numbers are with the norm.

Starting with the 1994 model year, Weber switched to a two-letter alphabetic code representing the model year of Weber charcoal grills, using the word “AUTHORIZED” as the key. As with the previous code scheme, this two-letter code was stamped into the lid damper of each charcoal kettle. For the Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker, the code was stamped into the lid damper and all three charcoal bowl dampers. On some Performer grills, the code can also be found on labels on the rear panel of the grill or on bar code stickers under the control panel or stainless steel charbin cover.

AUTHORIZED

EH: 1994
EO: 1995
ER: 1996
EI: 1997
EZ: 1998
EE: 1999
DD: 2000
DA: 2001
DU: 2002
DT: 2003
DH: 2004
DO: 2005
DR: 2006
DI: 2007
DZ: 2008
DE: 2009
AD: 2010
AA: 2011
AU: 2012
AT: 2013
AH: 2014
AO: 2015
AR: 2016
AI: 2017

The thing I find interesting is that they supposedly made platinum B models as well. I don't think I've ever seen one.

This is what I get by running the part number on Weber.com.
Lee, if you would be so kind, please go to this web page and input your full SN and see what it comes back with. THis is interesting.
I’ll do you one better. Here’s my landing page for my registered grill. I put in a dummy date in the model year, just so I wouldn’t raise any flags. Following is the schematics page, referencing 2005. I never thought anything of the introduction year being the reference year for a schematic - I’d guarantee that’s what we’re seeing, here.

9EC816BD-CC3B-4511-8AB6-9E0F7B2E55E1.jpeg9C8F3CB3-0EC1-4F64-A10E-7B2DC98F1687.jpeg

The thing I find interesting is that they supposedly made platinum B models as well. I don't think I've ever seen one.
I wonder if it is like a Gold B, with a second work surface on the right side instead of a burner.

Like this one.

20220830_140256.jpg

I wonder if it is like a Gold B, with a second work surface on the right side instead of a burner.
I think that is what they are, but I still don't think I've ever seen one. Maybe I have and just didn't notice the lack of a side burner.

Like this one.

My current one is a B like your picture.

It’s my 5th one and I am 5 for 5 with catastrophic fires wreaking the firebox. All had rot in the cabinets. All had rotten lid liners. The only good thing was the frame.

I wish Weber made an open cart SWE stainless frame in regular “B” size.

They have not been good flip candidates. Too much work converting to a cart and you need 5 other grills as parts donors.

That said, for a keeper grill they are a good project. About the same amount of effort that you would need to fully restore, wood and all, the old genesis red heads.

View attachment 58457

Hello,

The frame and parts sold to a gentleman on this board.

Thank you all for your interest

PM me if interested.

Thank you,
Bill

Back