2-2-1 Baby Back Ribs

Michael L

TVWBB Fan
I did a very basic baby back ribs cook yesterday using the Minion method and the 2-2-1 technique. Turned out very well as you can see.

Pictures and videos of the entire cook on my Phanfare page: Baby Back Ribs 2-2-1 slideshow

0_0_023aecac66f3cf04eae92f8dcbc9fe45_1

0_0_d9c4e6a26054b846a8302b406ef51156_1

0_0_d73cd33e41663dc39c4cfd0d45720b4c_1

0_0_866415d1e56614556fc51d3ca8713529_1

Criticism welcomed.

Very nice looking (and well-documented) cook.
Why only one rack? Where's the love?

Thanks for sharing (the pictures at least).

Ron

Based on my own experiences, that's a pretty long time in foil. I usually do about 45 minutes to an hour and they're almost ready to fall off the bone any longer than that. How did you manage to keep them from turning to mush?

Great lookin ribs there! I also have had great luck in the 2-2-1 method myself. Starting out with those meaty ribs, is great. Thanks for the pics!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Criticism welcomed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
None for me! Nice cook.

Nice.

Question - I noticed how lightly rub was used but how heavily it was sauced and that the rub was applied just 30 minutes prior to the ribs going on - does the rub make a noticeable difference?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TravisH:
Nice.

Question - I noticed how lightly rub was used but how heavily it was sauced and that the rub was applied just 30 minutes prior to the ribs going on - does the rub make a noticeable difference? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Next time I make ribs again, I'll probably use a heavier coat of the rub and allow it to sit a little longer before smoking. Because I got off of work unexpectingly early, I picked up some ribs on the way home and just prepared it very quickly.

Thanks for all the compliments and suggestions!

is the 2/2/1 for BB's? I am more familar with the 3/2/1, but that might be for larger, heavier st. louis spares vs. bb

Back