1998 Genesis 3000 from CL

DuaneMac

TVWBB Pro
Just picked this up Saturday, it's in really good shape. Burners look almost new and just a little surface rust on the frame. It was sitting in a storage unit for years. This is my first restoration so I'm glad it's in decent shape. I'll post more pics when I start taking it apart. I hope the pic shows up, its been a while since I tried!

ACFD78F6-699A-4197-B291-7A47100DD638_zpsoyo4itjd.png

Looks to be in great shape for its age. Should clean up really well. You have a good one there. Congrats.

I love the red ones and really wanted a side burner, everything works as is. I paid $100, maybe too much but it really is in great shape compared to some of the pre- restoration grills I've seen guys tackle here.

You're going to love that redhead. I don't think you paid too much for it, looks like you won't have to replace much if anything. Take it apart, grind off the rust and paint the frame, done.

Looks to only be missing the left hand flip up side table. Otherwise you have a superior machine (IMO) to the new products

Nice find! These look really good if you put tie into the wood restoration. Have fun with it!

That's my plan, I love the look of the ones I've seen redone with cedar or something similar with a clear coat. The boards are in pretty good shape, might just sand them and apply a solid or semi-transparent gray stain until I make my mind up. I like the red, black grey look too!

I'm itching to get started on it, went to Lowe's today to get the cleaning items and paint I'll need. Unfortunately, I also had to buy a new kitchen faucet while I was there. Last night my 6 yr. old granddaughter decided to use it as a handle! I need to fix that first... I'm getting "the evil eye" now because I'm not working on it!

Duane, remember SWMBO equals "happy wife, happy life. My wife was out of town with our oldest daughter (31) and she left me a honey do list. The only thing that was not done was because no parts were available. Also made sure the house was clean and tidy. She was very happy when she got home and even more so since I made her a top sirloin dinner. We do what we gotta do. Then we can do what we want to do. 39 years of marriage has taught me this. Enjoy fixing the faucet.

I've got the grill torn down to the frame, everything cleaned up like new! I worked on the FB's and grates today, they are in pretty good shape as well. I also hit the inside of the firebox with a wire brush wheel to get some of the crud off. Next step is to paint the box and lid sides.

F8F672A0-25FC-42C9-91B7-8A4B8FED85B6_zps3ua61v9y.png

FA4BF9F9-DAE2-41EB-8EC6-805FE1243EAA_zpswcjqsywl.png

3BB8585E-8B37-41C7-9DBB-4902467B9B40_zpseohryiyo.jpg

Last edited:

Back