1988 Weber Dealer Product Catalog

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member

Thanks to TVWBB member @Jon Tofte and our friends at the Weber Kettle Grill Giants Facebook Group for sharing this 1988 product catalog for Weber dealers. It's a 36-page full-color brochure that highlights Weber products and accessories for 1988, including the Genesis XX and XXI two-burner gas grills. This brochure also includes samples of Weber print advertising for that year.

This catalog also features cover art by Kelen, the artist that illustrated many of the Weber Grill Out Times newsletters.

Enjoy!
Chris

1988weberdealercatalog-6.jpg

I notice the brochure specifically mentions they used Cedar for the wood on the Genesis grills. I know that has been an ongoing topic of discussion of what kind of wood was used on the early Genesis grills.

I especially enjoyed the page about the "XX and XXI" (Jr.) grills, which helps better identify these and how they started. I really hope we can eventually obtain 1987 and 1989 catalogs which will fill in the remaining holes in this story line.

Getting those missing years would also answer when the wide slats were discontinued on Genesis grills in favor of the narrow ones we usually see. They were still wide in this 1988 catalog (except for the XX/XXI), but the 1990 catalog shows only narrow slats.

It is also interesting that the gas kettle still offered in the 1986 catalog - and even with an enhanced rolling cart - had quietly disappeared by 1988.

Thanks to TVWBB member @Jon Tofte and our friends at the Weber Kettle Grill Giants Facebook Group for sharing this 1988 product catalog for Weber dealers. It's a 36-page full-color brochure that highlights Weber products and accessories for 1988, including the Genesis XX and XXI two-burner gas grills. This brochure also includes samples of Weber print advertising for that year.

Enjoy!
Chris

View attachment 68377
So glad I can help! Hope all TVWBB members join our Facebook group and help keep the history alive…and FREE! 😁 Cheers

Back