1956 Weber Brother Metal Works grill

Stephen L

TVWBB Member
This grill is older than the Wood Dale era. Notice it doesn't have a typical ash pan but a utility pan. Also, the wheels are very cool. The sockets are different too. Not the typical ones as they appear to be pieces of pipe. The vents on the bowl have square tabs and the legs are steel (not aluminum). Probably the oldest chestnut out there.

Last edited:
Awesome doesn't begin to describe it! Stephen is this your kettle? Did you just obtain it? There has too be more to this story...do tell! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

That's a beauty are you safekeeping it or using it? Life is too short I'd use it :)

Very interesting specimen. It's amazing to me that so much yet so little has changed over the years. Would love to hear about the reason for front leg repair. Rust?

Thanks for sharing.

I am the third owner of the grill. The second owner purchased this grill in the early 1980's at a yard sale in Illinois. The bottom 1/3 of the front leg had some issues and was replaced about that time. Everything else is original ( end caps, thumb screws, etc). Weber's were made in Chicago from 1956 into 1957. The name at that time was Weber Bros Metal Works.

That is a thing of beauty! I never get tired of seeing the old pot bellies. It is a classic. And I bet it still cooks a mean burger!!! Thanks for showing it off.

Back