18" WSM Stainless Steel Door Replacement

Originally posted by tjkoko:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chris S Lewis:
Installed mine over the weekend and did a triple butt smoke. I have got to say this door is a big improvement over the stock unit. $20 well spent.

Was any "improvement" in the smoking/cooking process observed? Were temperatures more stable, higher temps achieved? ...not to be a stick in the mud or anything but I'd like to know if there were improvements made in addition to leak deletion... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As others have said, I noticed no smoke leakage from around the new door. And the temps were more stable. My cooker always ran a little on the hot side. She cruised at 225° all night with the new door.

Man the 22's door is gargantuan. I wonder what the price tag on this is going to be.

Hopefully not to much because obviously I have to buy it..

Just got mine the other day (for 18inch). I have the original style WSM (Pre '09 WSM). Anybody out there buy this new door from CB and then buy a new model knob from Weber. If so, what exactly is involved in making the new knob fit? Thanks

Mike

I did and I'm having a little difficulty getting the knob tight enough. I think I just need an additional washer or two it cinch it up enough. Believe me, it's nice to have the new "grip" handle, and the door hole is just the right size. Just need that last little tweak and it'll be perfect.

I believe I added a washer a couple of years ago so I now have a washer on each side of the door. Anyway, I used the old nob on the new door and was able to adjust it so that the door is tight but the nob is loose enough to turn. Works great!.

Kit_R

Thanks, just the data I was looking for. I think I'll go for it. Even with the old one there seems to be a trick to getting the Washers and nuts just right

I got mine this morning and it fits tightly along the sides but there is a significant opening on the top. I tried several washer configurations and even when I push hard against the knob, there is space to the right and left. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dan

Just received mine fits fine, But has the same problem as Dan Moore.
I'm not going to worry about it as I think these are better for holding heat in rather then let a few stray wifs of smoke out.
Dan, If you look along the sides you will see that they are slightly concaved, If you could get that out you would have a more even fit all round but a little looser.
Thanks Chris for the top service, Now tell me, Am I the first Aussie owner?

Doing my first smoke on the 18" WSM with the new CB Stainless Steel fuel door and it does not leak, not even a little bit. Awesome!!!!

The new 22.5 door is available now! I just bought it!
icon_razz.gif

Have a smokey labor day!
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Shaun wrote:

The new 22.5 door is available now! I just bought it!

Me too! It's not as much as I thought but the shipping added another 12 dollars to the bottom line. They also announced a new stainless ring for the 22.5 that eliminates the problem with the vents. I use the smaller ring anyway so I don't think I'll be jumping on this one.

I have been checking Cajunbandit once a week for the 22.5 door and saw it on Labor day as well--should be here in a couple of days and I will post a review.

Update! Just got the door in today.. It is beautiful! Transfered the knob easily and this thing looks professional now. Will be cooking in a contest this weekend with it. I am going to post my 22.5 mods to another thread with pics soon.

Anybody take pics of the new door? Just ordered mine.

Ok never mind. Just checked like I should have done to begin with, I see the the new thread. Looks great.

just tried to buy the knob only parts and was told it is not available without the door too
icon_frown.gif

I did not want to remove the knob from my old door....any ideas, or actual part #s?

Originally posted by Dan {dutch oven Dan}:
just tried to buy the knob only parts and was told it is not available without the door too
icon_frown.gif

I did not want to remove the knob from my old door....any ideas, or actual part #s?

I ordered all the door hardware for an old style (pre '09) 18" door from Weber about three months ago and got it all within a week. The customer service rep looked at a schematic and picked the individual parts from it (handle, washer, nut and maybe one other piece). Might wanna try again. I'll check and see if I still have the invoice at home, in which case I'll send you the part numbers, but I'd just give it another try. Feel free to tell Weber they took care of me (I even told them I was buying the parts for an aftermarket door and they were fine with that).

I just got my replacement door and the fit is just great! The knob attached very easily too. Kudos to C&C for a very nice and functional product.

Back