18" WSM Stainless Steel Door Replacement

weird... I've had it on my 18" WSM for months with no problems whatsoever.
Everything is the same here...
Maybe it's that fine Wisconsin Dairy Air
icon_biggrin.gif

I installed my new SS door on my 22, after a bit of very slight tweeking it was a perfect fit. a huge improvement from the original one.

I ordered the 22" WSM upgrade kit and if you enter a promo code vwb at the checkout you get $10 off, basically free shipping! That was a sweet deal!

Just got my 18" door replacement attached along with the grommets from Cajun Bandit... great product(s) and great service!

Received my pre-2009 wsm model stainless steel door replacement and smoked two pork shoulders this weekend. The door was very tight (no more wobble) and looked great with virtually no air gaps. Temps were slightly more stable, but they were great before. The big plus was one load of charcoal for 18.5 hours of smoking at 225-250 degrees. Could have gone a couple hours longer but the pork was ready. This is the longest one load has ever lasted for me. I should note that I am also using a 16.5 inch clay saucer sitting right on the lower bracket, foiled with no water. First pork shoulder with clay saucer mod also so I cannot say what the real difference maker was but I certainly can attest to the stability and efficiency of both together.

The first Cajun Bandit door I got Had a huge gap in the top when installed on the WSM. I emailed Chris at CB with a photo and told him that I thought I could bend it out of it. But just wanted to let him know about it in case I screwed the door up and could not fix it if I made it worse.

He told me to try to fix it if I wanted but that he was sending out a new door ASAP. I thanked him and thought that this was indeed great service.

Ironicly it is the same thing that Weber told me when I called about having an "out of round" middle section and Charcoal bowl.

A few days went by and my new door came. I was excited, Opened it up and it is HUGE! He sent me a 22.5 door by mistake.

Emailed again and explained how bad I felt but that he sent the wrong size door. He appologized and sent the proper door which fit much much better with only minor tweaking.

By seeing the new door I was able to measure it up against the first door and was able to bend that one into one that will fit pretty good now too. But, without the new door (template) I think I would have bent it wrongly as this can be tricky to get right.

I bought a new door assy from weber just to get the knob so I could have two SS doors.

So, I have a new 22.5" CB SS door and two original 18.5" doors without knobs that I might just put up on the trade section sometime soon.

Basically it seems that the guys at Cajun Bandit will stand behind what they make/sell at all costs.
If your door doesn't fit right just drop them a line and I bet one way or another they do there best to make sure you are a happy customer.

I am gonna buy there Rotisserie setup some time soon and will keep my eye on there new products. I will buy what I can from them because they took great care of me on this first purchase and seem to be good folk who care about what they do.

Back