1100 For a Buddy of Mine

Spray paint is much easier to work with IMO. But, it looks like you have a good project going there. Did you use an angle grinder and wire cup brush on the outside of the cook box?

Spray paint is much easier to work with IMO. But, it looks like you have a good project going there. Did you use an angle grinder and wire cup brush on the outside of the cook box?
Actually to be honest for those parts I think it was easier to do it with the brush no taping the problem with the spray paint it does not lay down anywhere near the amount of paint that will do it with the brush. Especially that small drip tray where it clips into the large drip tray all three had severe rust on those clips all three large drip pans had that rust in the back.

Yes I did use the angle grinder with a new cup brush had no problem with the 1000 I did but no matter how much I worked it I could never get it completely off almost like it was welded to the aluminum. I have another box laying around I am taking a few weeks off after finishing his grill and then I am going to just lightly sand the firebox down and give the roller method a try the problem is that the Krylon dries so fast and surely will do it inside the garage so we will see, maybe the Rusto Ultra in a can is a better choice.

Good points on the spray paint. YOu are correct on both counts. Let us know how the roller method goes.

Forgot I threw the Performer picture in there was getting ready to do some wings so I took a picture of it and a table I built out of a silver B while I was painting the manifold and other parts. Shout out to Jeff the Jawhorse is one of the best tools I have ever bought and just not for grills have used that many times.

It has been a huge help with my grill rehabbing not to mention other day to day tasks. Totally worth the $100.

Well another one brought back from the dead and a happy first time Weber owner. We set it up yesterday he already did a cook on it last night.

Burners and Bars cleaned up nicely, shout out to Biago bought one of his tank scale decals nice finishing touch. They both loved the Weber propane tank dress said to his wife you can't leave her out there naked. :)

Attachments

• IMG_1195.JPG
    IMG_1195.JPG
    178.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1194.JPG
    IMG_1194.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1189.JPG
    IMG_1189.JPG
    163.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1188.JPG
    IMG_1188.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1183.JPG
    IMG_1183.JPG
    225.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1196.JPG
    IMG_1196.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 25
Thanks everyone they love the black has some fade but they could care less. I was trying to find him a redhead but they like the black lid with the stain color they picked out.

Black is great. Traditional, even manly. I just hate that it suffers from the fade issue.

Oops, yesterday we we got this thing fired up I thought the igniter using the rocker switch was extremely difficult to push down enough to get it to spark. It worked so after I posted today's update I did some surfing on the site and it turns out I had 2 igniter's one left over from a Silver B and the original from the 1100. I had installed the 7510 no nut on the bottom by mistake, quick call to my buddy 2 streets over take the control panel off be right over, brought the 7509 installed it and it worked perfectly half the effort.

I guess I thought there would be no difference but there was. Note to self keep parts in a box labeled with what grill they came off. :)

Oops, yesterday we we got this thing fired up I thought the igniter using the rocker switch was extremely difficult to push down enough to get it to spark. It worked so after I posted today's update I did some surfing on the site and it turns out I had 2 igniter's one left over from a Silver B and the original from the 1100. I had installed the 7510 no nut on the bottom by mistake, quick call to my buddy 2 streets over take the control panel off be right over, brought the 7509 installed it and it worked perfectly half the effort.

I guess I thought there would be no difference but there was. Note to self keep parts in a box labeled with what grill they came off. :)

Nice tip! Thanks Brian. 🙂

Back