#1 top secret bbq sauce recipe

Jack Straw

TVWBB Fan
Ran across this site surfing around and was wondering if anyone has tried it. The big question of course is, is it any good and is it worth the 15 or 20 bucks. I've been on a quest for a new brisket sauce (home made or store bought) that really dazzles and haven't found one yet. Any suggestions?

Thanks, JS

http://www.topgg.com/cooking-recipes/BBQ4YOU.htm

That's quite a sales pitch!

But in my experience, "real" Texas BBQ is always about the smoke and the rub, and sauce is an afterthought.

From the website:<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> The sauce is the #1 MOST important ingredient for the barbecue. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That says it all. Where does the meat rank? From reading the website, it sounds like I could pour the magic sauce over a shoe and it would taste fantastic. If it sounds too good to be true...

I agree with Paul. If the sauce is the most important ingredient for the barbeque then I guess all of my food really stinks because I never use sauce.

Read how they do Brisket. In the oven until the last hour or so and then move it to the smoker. That right there tells me this is a joke.

Of course it's a lame sales pitch and I certainly wouldn't roast a brisket in the oven! That doesn't mean that the sauce recipe isn't worthwhile. Just wondering if anyone had tried it. Bill, I've been wanting to try the sauce from The Salt Lick, I'm gonna give that a shot. Have you tried their rub?

Generally I like to experiment and try new sauces. But this seems to be all hype. Nothing there that even tugs at my curiosity. I'll pass.

Jack,

The sauce from the Salt Lick is truly original and worth a try but don't buy thier rub. It's only black pepper, salt, and cayenne. That's it. I've had several people buy it for me and wish I could return it. On the other hand...wanna buy some?

icon_wink.gif

I ran across this site a year or so ago. A buddie of mine said he would go in half with me. I just didn't think a recipe was worth money especially since I rarely use sauce.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jay Turner:
Jack,

The sauce from the Salt Lick is truly original and worth a try but don't buy thier rub. It's only black pepper, salt, and cayenne. That's it. I've had several people buy it for me and wish I could return it. On the other hand...wanna buy some?

icon_wink.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it has some garlic too. I agree I would never buy it since it's so easy to make your own (salt, pepper, cayenne, garlic powder).

However I can't knock it as far as use. I keep coming back to it to use on brisket. I've tried tons of brisket recipes. Never had a bad brisket (well except this one time...). But seriously every time I use this rub I love it. So does everyone else- I've gotten more compliments from brisket with this insanely simple rub than any other. And they all think I'm doing some crazy mixture, probably cause they've seen me do a lot of those... if only they knew
icon_wink.gif

Back