1.5 bags of charcoal for two butts?

Originally posted by Dave Russell:
I'm running a dry pan with clay pot base while getting the smoke on, and then foiling and getting it DONE.

Do you foil the pan after putting the clay pot base in the pan or before?

Originally posted by J Hoke:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave Russell:
I'm running a dry pan with clay pot base while getting the smoke on, and then foiling and getting it DONE.

Do you foil the pan after putting the clay pot base in the pan or before? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

After.

Originally posted by Gary S:
That is why I tell people only buy the 22 incher if you cooking for a lot of people every time. You use a lot more fuel. I have loaded my 18 inch wsm with over 30 pounds of food before! I have never used over a full bag of charcoal. Yes the WSM is not insulated so weather will figure into things.

Agreed. Had to restrain myself from jumping on the 22" bandwagon when it first rolled out. By doing the SS screw door prop mod, the 18.5" bullet is a perfect sized raised direct or indirect grill. With a third grate, it can put out some wings at the campground.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Bigger is not always better, IMHO. See this also with the XL vs Large BGE debate.

Back