“Outlaw” Ribeyes on the CharQ

Jon Tofte

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I blew the dust off my trusty but very tired CharQ today after a long winter slumber. Not the most conventional Easter Sunday dinner, but it was fun to grill outside on charcoal again. I tried out Blues Hog briquettes for the first time. First review very positive! I said “Outlaw” ribeye because I was trying to imitate one of Longhorn’s menu favorites, including using their rub.

I am hoping to give my CharQ a much needed renovation and new color scheme this summer. I just hate to take it out of service!

7B7435A8-9354-415D-8058-DCB8CA720663.jpeg

971B9431-E5FB-473B-99B3-DAD5D2494F62.jpeg

9A8FA551-D127-493C-BA3E-3F6DF183A062.jpeg

E67946FD-4EEC-4E1B-92E5-C5A456674F3A.jpeg

Looks like a new “Tradition“ to me! Simply lovely Jon.
Usually a sunny Easter does not happen around me, either wet and miserable or dry as dust! Today is grand!

I blew the dust off my trusty but very tired CharQ today after a long winter slumber. Not the most conventional Easter Sunday dinner, but it was fun to grill outside on charcoal again. I tried out Blues Hog briquettes for the first time. First review very positive! I said “Outlaw” ribeye because I was trying to imitate one of Longhorn’s menu favorites, including using their rub.

I am hoping to give my CharQ a much needed renovation and new color scheme this summer. I just hate to take it out of service!

View attachment 49243

View attachment 49246

View attachment 49244

View attachment 49245
Looks delicious Jon! Will you make the Q more colorful when you renovate it?

Bob,
Yes, definitely more interesting than plain “titanium,” but you will have to wait to see😊 - and hope this summer I get to do a lot more grill stuff than last year.

And I have a lousy ham on the rotisserie.
I seriously doubt it was lousy! And my wife - who has little tolerance for charcoal - told me to tell you at least you all won’t be getting smoke indigestion. She did say I did better this time. I was careful to be sure the charcoal was all grayed over. I really liked the Blues Hog “sweet, southern hickory” charcoal briquettes👍.

Last edited:

Back