Twenty Dolla Holler - New Q200 Pickup

Kyle in Woodstock

TVWBB Guru
Found this one on Facebook MP for $20. Came with a cart and 4 full mini bottles of LP. When I went to look at it, it was in a nice neighborhood. Older guy said he was a GA Tech grad and used it sometimes for tailgating and kept in his garage when not in use. The cart looks mint, great condition. The pictures below are how I picked it up, haven't cleaned it at all. I didn't try to haggle the price at all, well worth the $20.

I fired it up and was surprised that the igniter even works. Fired up on the first click. I'll probably clean this one up and replace my existing Q200 on the deck.... clean up my old one and sell it. Same grill, but this new one seems to be much less abused than mine. Still wish it had a thermometer on the lid.

9IVtosX.jpg

lrkFjVx.jpg

hN5QEip.jpg

MzI6zAn.jpg

5XQD0hk.jpg

Didn't snap a great photo of the cart, but here are the wheels, the cart on my old one, the Weber hub cap things fell off. These are like new. No grimy mess anywhere.

9CZkbiz.jpg

W6tHSww.jpg

Cleaned it up, didn't have to put much effort into it. Just used a grill scrapper and cleaned the underside and top of grate. It's solid, no rusting. Should have years of life left.
The bowl looks great too, again just used the grill brush, some paper towels, and the Shop-Vac.
The top of the lid has some bad spots on the paint, likely from loading and unloading it in the previous owners car or RV. Structurally it's solid, this will be a good one to grind down and test my paint skills. I think a dark blue would look really cool, but red would be nice as well.

mlxh6bl.jpg

ENCqOfl.jpg

Y1GIezv.jpg

Solid pickup for $20.

I posted this in another thread, but I also found one for $15 that looks used and abused, but has one of those nicer more permanent carts. I sent the guy a message, but haven't heard back. I'll report back if I end up getting that one too.

Last edited:
Yah, that is a steal. If it was me, I would clean that one up and resell it. If necessary, put a new grate in your old Q200. It is pretty easy to add a thermometer to the Q200. I did it on mine. You can get them at Walmart for about $7.

I think the hole you need to drill in the lid is 3/8". But, suggest you drill a pilot hole with a much smaller bit to start or better yet, use one of those step drills.

WDpSzC1.jpg

https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1025936767768471/

Just got this one too :) it's really beat up. Cart is dirty but think it'll clean up. Bought it from college kid. He said it worked, we'll see when I get home. Came with a propane tank too :)

Not a bad haul for $15. I'll get some pictures tomorrow

Since that was designed for the 1 pound disposable cylinders and there is a 20lb tank sitting under it that means it has an adapter. The adapter cost what you paid for the entire grill.

I don't Amazon much. I guess I probably should to save some money. The last converter I saw was about $15 on the shelf at a local store.

Still a good deal. $15 for a Q with a cart is something I would grabbed if it was next to me. Even though I don't need it.

Yep, it has the adapter. It's been hooked to this grill so long that it's kind of molded itself into a certain position, but still working fine, no leaks

Took some pictures of the $15 q200 I picked up yesterday. It needs lots of elbow grease. Really can tell this one was owned by a house full of college students, lol.

FTUkrXI.jpg

o6fE6bz.jpg

kQ3kJlm.jpg

EHQkIUL.jpg

5BLBlLC.jpg

eY201JB.jpg

4R1yeGL.jpg

xiDe2TD.jpg

EdjXxwz.jpg

Still glad I grabbed this one... have it stored under my deck until warmer weather and until I get my big Genesis project completed.... figure spring and summer are better times to sell grills anyways, so no rush in fixing this one up.

Here is the cart, the main reason I bought the grill. Going to zap it with a pressure washer when it warms up a little outside and should look pretty nice.

In the first picture, what is that black piece that's hanging down in the middle, is it supposed to hold a propane bottle or something?

ZpyrNaq.jpg

hRTy0cH.jpg

yWJCUb1.jpg

1DO22JY.jpg

Last edited:
That black thing is designed to hold the 20lb tank upright. There is supposed to be a plastic plate on the wire grates that the 20lb tank would sit on. Many times they are missing from those carts. It is also supposed to have a grey shroud that hides the 20lb tank as well. I have a Q200 with the same cart and they are both missing on mine as well.

This is what it should look like:

aL0pnBq.jpg

FGQHIoK.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures. This cart is for sure missing those pieces, not a big deal really. Still a cooler nicer looking cart than the one I'm currently using.

Interesting enough, my original Q200 has one of those portable / collapsible carts, and when you have it in the upright position the bottom wire rack is designed with a curve to allow you to sit your 20 lbs tank on the ground below the grill.
The nice Q200 I bought a few days ago (the one pictured in original post), came with a very similar cart, but it does not have any curve in the bottom rack, so if using a large tank you'd have to sit it to the side of the grill....not ideal IMO.
I didn't realize there were different version of these carts.

Wife took the kids shopping for about an hour so had a little free time. Didn't want to deal with all the mess that comes with grinding down my Genesis firebox, so I cleanup this junker Q and fired it up to see how it worked after a little cleaning.

Inches of buildup, previous owners probably never even removed the grate, let alone gave it a good cleaning.

AqO45CR.jpg

THe grease tray was horrible, gunk city down there...letting it soak in Simple Green now.

uriEX8f.jpg

Sucked up a lot of junk with the ShopVac, and lit it up. Didn't get a flame all around which isn't surprising.

kXYgRWm.jpg

Lid looks decent, didn't spend much time at all on it....I'll do a good scrub in a month or two.

9b7m2r8.jpg

Used a dental pick to clean out some of the burner holes, puts off good heat.

Gn2nxvH.jpg

Not sure what to do about the rust on the grates. Is this something that I shouldn't even try to deal with and just buy a replacement grate?
I scrubbed the grate pretty good and coated them with veggie oil. They don't look too bad. Would grilling some fatty burgers on them help or is that rust just a big no-no?

yWaFexk.jpg

Grates are certainly usable. The ceramic coating is gone from them and you will want to keep them oiled up between uses to stave off the rust. You can take very small drill bit to the burner holes. The way they are now is sub optimal. You should be getting nice even flame all the way around. If they are just too bad to rescue, then a new set isn't all that expensive. Same with the grate. Those can be had for about $35 if you really feel the need to replace them.

I won’t be keeping the $15 grill, so if I can just oil up the grates and get them looking decent I’ll do that.

Will likely paint the hood on the junker and then swap over a grey one before I sell it. Not sure I need to buy anything for this old beater to get it in sellable condition....just another round of cleaning should do the trick.

So on this $15 Q that is pretty worn out looking.... I had a few extra minutes yesterday and popped the angle grinder on the lid and wow, the paint on it came off as easy as a knife through warm butter! The total opposite of my grinding experiences on my E-310.
I only spent about 15-20 min on it and am about 80-90% done grinding the paint off the top of it. Pretty excited to see how she looks with fresh paint. The shiny bare aluminium sure does look nice. Wouldn't even know this grill was so worn out and tired looking.

- - - Updated - - -

So on this $15 Q that is pretty worn out looking.... I had a few extra minutes yesterday and popped the angle grinder on the lid and wow, the paint on it came off as easy as a knife through warm butter! The total opposite of my grinding experiences on my E-310.
I only spent about 15-20 min on it and am about 80-90% done grinding the paint off the top of it. Pretty excited to see how she looks with fresh paint. The shiny bare aluminium sure does look nice. Wouldn't even know this grill was so worn out and tired looking.

Back