Anybody move out of state and take their Weber gasser with them?

T Lucas

The Misses won. We're moving to Florida from Nebraska. I have a 1 1/2 year old Spirit II E-310. Should I sell it or clean/pack it in a PODS/U-Pack with our other stuff? I know I can't take the propane tanks. Could be a good excuse for a new Genesis II E-310, but I think I already know her answer. :(

Can't answer your question directly, but my son moved to Texas last year, he sold everything but his clothes, tools and personal items, etc ,packed what was left in the back of his pickup and the smallest pod thingee that U haul has.
it was cheaper to buy new stuff then to pay to move the old crap....

Sell your current Spirit and buy a restored Genesis from Jon Tofte of the Gasser Forum when you get there.

I brought my 1999 genesis 1000 when we moved to Arizona from California in 2002, still have it. Just turned 21 so it's old enough to drink a beer with me now.;)
I agree with J get one from Jon, he does some really nice restores.

The Misses won. We're moving to Florida from Nebraska. I have a 1 1/2 year old Spirit II E-310. Should I sell it or clean/pack it in a PODS/U-Pack with our other stuff? I know I can't take the propane tanks. Could be a good excuse for a new Genesis II E-310, but I think I already know her answer. :(

Hi, sorry, can't help you with your question. I just wanted to say hope we will be neighbors and do some grilling together. OK, you and DH, your wife and I will let you guys do the cooking for us. lol

I'd base that decision on the cost of moving it vs. the cost of replacing. When we moved down here I moved my only cooker, a Weber Kettle.

Where in Florida are you moving to?

I moved mine, and my 55gal drum smoker and the 750# offset smoker 2200 miles. The moving co. charged me extra for the big offset but no worries on the gasser.

Interstate moving rates are government regulated. They're calculated using weight and miles traveled. If you move halfway across the country, you might pay something around $50 and hundred-weight (cwt), it's cheaper to move your grill than to get a new one.

Jeff

Back