Quoting problem

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
I can do a whole quote of someone's post, but I can't figure out how to quote just part of it, like one sentence.
It's easy on a camera forum I'm on, highlight what you want to quote and a box pops up to click on.

Thanks for any help!

I can do a whole quote of someone's post, but I can't figure out how to quote just part of it, like one sentence.
It's easy on a camera forum I'm on, highlight what you want to quote and a box pops up to click on.

Thanks for any help!

Bob, if I understand what you want to do just go to reply with quote and highlight the portion you want to remove and hit delete. That will leave the part you want.

Thanks guys, I've done it that way before too, but I'm sure there has to be a better way where just the portion you want quoted shows up in the reply.

Either the way mentioned (using the mouse button to highlight the text)

OR

get the cursor at the start of what you want to delete, hold the shift key and then the right arrow key (if you're starting at the left of what you want to delete) or left arrow key (starting at the right of what you want to delete) and let the "coloured bar highlight the text for as much as you want to delete. Let go of both and then hit Del.

Using the mouse the cursor moves as fast as you want. Using the windows keys, the cursor speeds up faster the longer you hold the arrow key down. For me, if I'm using the computer, I use the mouse. On my tablet (no mouse), I use the windows keys.

No other way.

Thanks all.
I've been doing it the same way, highlight and delete the unwanted parts, but I sure thought some were doing it another, easier, way.
Especially when they multi-quote in one reply, with only parts of each one posting.

Back