Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BBQ/Grilling Cookbooks

TVWBB Super Fan

BBQ/Grilling Cookbooks

Hi, I have mentioned throughout this forum various BBQ/Grilling cookbooks that I have and like using and so have a few of you. I thought it would be nice to have this thread to talk more about them. Hope you all agree. For starters, how many BBQ/Grilling cookbooks do you have and do you have a favorite?

TVWBB Pro
    I do have several grilling/BBQ cookbooks but I don't think I used any of them. I find recipes on this forum or Amazing Ribs and use those.

I do have a favorite meat cookbook that I highly recommend:
    The Complete Meat Cookbook by Bruce Aidells

Lots of very good recipes. One of the simplest and best recipes (not BBQ) in this book is this one:
    Lisa's Lazy Pot Roast

The only tweak I make to this is to add more onions. It calls for 3 medium. I probably put in 4-5 large onions. They do reduce in size a lot.

TVWBB Super Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSmith View Post
    I do have several grilling/BBQ cookbooks but I don't think I used any of them. I find recipes on this forum or Amazing Ribs and use those.

I do have a favorite meat cookbook that I highly recommend:
    The Complete Meat Cookbook by Bruce Aidells

Lots of very good recipes. One of the simplest and best recipes (not BBQ) in this book is this one:
    Lisa's Lazy Pot Roast

The only tweak I make to this is to add more onions. It calls for 3 medium. I probably put in 4-5 large onions. They do reduce in size a lot.
    Hi Bill, I'm a big onion lover, I would do the same thing. lol Looks good, I printed it out, thanks.

Darn, I don't have that book, but I have 2 other ones of his. "Complete Book of Pork" and "Hot Links and Country Flavors".

TVWBB Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan View Post

Darn, I don't have that book, but I have 2 other ones of his. "Complete Book of Pork" and "Hot Links and Country Flavors".
    You might want to check out your local library if you're interested in checking it out. Maybe it's available in the inter-library system? I'll have to check out the two books that you mentioned.

TVWBB Super Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSmith View Post
    You might want to check out your local library if you're interested in checking it out. Maybe it's available in the inter-library system? I'll have to check out the two books that you mentioned.
    Wow, I just checked Amazon, they want $54.00 for a new one.

TVWBB Super Fan
    Bill, just curious, what bbq/grilling cookbooks do you have? (if you don't mind me asking)

TVWBB Platinum Member Dustin Dorsey's Avatar
    My favorite is the Legends of Texas Barbecue Cookbook by Robb Walsh. I've got both of Franklin's books and a few the Weber ones.

TVWBB Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan View Post
    Wow, I just checked Amazon, they want $54.00 for a new one.
    Probably because it%u2019s out of print I%u2019m guessing. If you want it, get a used one. There is a very good condition one for $7 shipped. Choose the other buying option to see what%u2019s available used. I%u2019ve bought copies this way and have always been pleased with the condition.

Let me know if you would like a electronic copy of the book for free.

As for my other BBQ books, I%u2019ll try to post later. I%u2019m away from my house at the moment.

TVWBB Super Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Dorsey View Post
    My favorite is the Legends of Texas Barbecue Cookbook by Robb Walsh. I've got both of Franklin's books and a few the Weber ones.
    Thanks for replying Dustin, sounds like some good ones there. Have you cooked anything from them? Which Weber books do you have?

TVWBB Platinum Member Dustin Dorsey's Avatar
    The last two that came out, New American Barbecue and Weber's Greatest Hits. I haven't tried too much out of them. I think I did the recipe for flank steak with some kind of salad. I tend to completely bastardize recipes using parts I like from one with another.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast