Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weber 26'' Kettle and scaffolding grill cart

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Weber 26'' Kettle and scaffolding grill cart

Hi All,
    New here and new to Weber grilling. After doing a little research, I knew I wanted a Weber 26''. Also, I wanted a portable grill table with a solid cover. I have plenty of space, but in Florida everything rusts.

So, here is what I did:
    1. order the Weber 26''
    2. Order scaffolding from walmart (I can provide details on which kind if needed). I knew the scaffolding would work size wise, cause I uses a set for storage already.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    3. Painted the scaffolding black with spray on high temp grill spray. This was a mistake cause it scrateches and shows the yellow easily. Bu I just touch up as needed.

4. inserted the kettle. no bracing required but I chose to sink one screw in a secured board just to be needed. The Kettle seats on the metal framing with no adjustments required.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    5. Cut up an old cedar water bed headboard to create a table.
    6. Used the a metal rod to become a support for a light roof
    7. Used a metal screen door frame to support a light, aluminum (tin?) roof.
    8. Made the front of roof adjustable for tilting purposes.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    9. Added a screen to help with the sun.
    10. Added lighting.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Done

I did this 4 weeks ago and it has worked perfect for smoking and grilling every weekend. Even worked through a Florida downpour last weekend during 12 hour beef brisket smoking.
    [IMG][/IMG]

For your first post Charles that is spectacular! Nice work! What kind of scaffolding did you order from Walmart? I would like to do something like that for my 26er. I like the idea of not having to drill the kettle bowl.
    22" Kettle Premium | 26" Kettle Premium | '00-'01 Genesis Platinum C, 13 bar (Budweiser) | '05 Genesis Platinum C (open cart) | Q1200

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pro-Serie...lding/15609528 I got it for $129 on April 21. It has gone up to 155, so shop around. All the big box hardware stores have this same scaffolding by diff brands. I got werner from home depot a few years ago which was how I knew the weber 26'' would fit.

Thanks for the link Charles. I will keep my eyes on it hoping that the price drops.
    22" Kettle Premium | 26" Kettle Premium | '00-'01 Genesis Platinum C, 13 bar (Budweiser) | '05 Genesis Platinum C (open cart) | Q1200

That is a cool idea. Never thought about that. That scaffolding provides the base for a roof. How high is the scaffolding?

75 I made mine tilt like a lid cause Im 61 and I wanted rain to flow the rear.

TVWBB Wizard
    That is a very cool idea, i really like the tilting roof idea that can be handy anywhere. you have a good sized work surface room for storage under neath and it can move easily. SWEET, now actions shots please.
    "WEBER"
    2010 Black Performer,S310 2007,18.5 WSM 2010,Jumbo Joe 2014

TVWBB Super Fan
    I see they have one scaffold that might fit the 22"
    22" Weber Kettle
    Stumps Baby Smoker

What a neat idea! That's what we call a baker scaffold. I have two in my garage, one for a rolling storage unit and the other is a rolling miter saw/workbench.
    We use those everyday on the jobsite, and I'm gonna share your pics with the crew.

Tim
    Different smokes for different folks. Wish the Dollar Store sold gas!

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Cliff Bartlett's Avatar
    Very innovative. Looks fantastic.
    Weber OTG 26.3/4" Kettle, Weber Silver 22 1/2 " Kettle (2), Blue Performer, Jumbo Joe, Smokey Joe (49er Edition), WSM 22 1/2 ", WSM 18 1/2, WSM 14 1/2"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast