Mahi Mahi

Michael C.

TVWBB Gold Member
Hi everybody, it's been awhile since I posted anything, we had a very wet winter this year, but our lakes are completely full now. I found a nice looking Mahi Mahi fish fillet at the store, bought it, sprinkled some Raichien rub on it, and cooked it directly over some coals. Took about 14 minutes or so, it was nice. The meat was very moist and juicy. I'm enjoying our spring like weather, here are the pictures.

IMG_2232 by flyboymlc,

IMG_2234 by flyboymlc,

IMG_2238 by flyboymlc,

IMG_2240 by flyboymlc,

IMG_2243 by flyboymlc,

IMG_1895 by flyboymlc,

IMG_1906 by flyboymlc,

I've always wanted to try Mahi Mahi. It's one of those things that I'd like to watch someone do it before I try to do it myself.
That looks outstanding.
Your picture of the Oriole is great. I only see them for a few days in the spring while they are migrating. We've never had them stick around.

That looks awesome. Rich and I love Mahi Mahi , we get it at a restaurant called the Wind & Sea in Dana Point Calif. That's one of our stops when we go back to see the kids.

Excellent!

Love Dorado, Mahi Mahi, Dolphinfish, Coryphaena hippurus, whatever you want to call it! It is by far my favorite fish. Wish we could get it up here. If we had a proper fish market maybe we could.

Back