Q 320 Grates

If I was buying new grates, this is what I would get: https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07JWDNVN1/tvwb-20

restoring the originals depends on what condition they are currently in.

I could not tell looking at the pictures. It looked like there were ribs of metal on the cooking surface in the pictures that would stick up and prevent you from flipping a burger. Looked at all the pics and they all showed it. Somewhat like the bottom of the Weber grates.

For some reason they are showing the bottom of the grates. The oringinal weber grates look the same as that on the bottom.

I just received a pair of these. Very nice. Could have fooled me,
as they look identical to factory Weber grates. So much so, I would
think Weber would be screaming about Chinese trademark theft.

Thank you,

Just seemed odd that they only show the bottom.

That's another winner from Qlimetal. It does seem like their aftermarket stuff is better than many of their competitors.

Yep, it also seems like they are beginning to expand their grill accessory offerings as well.

I bought a set of those Qulimetal grates for the Q300 I did for my sister and brothers-in-law at Christmas. Super nice. They obviously just started using it, so I can’t say anything about longevity yet except that based on appearance I would think as long as a Weber grate. A lot depends on how they are used, maintained, and your climate. I do know I personally like the rough texture grates like this one has a lot better than the ones with a shiny smooth porcelain coating. The shiny ones seem to chip the most rapidly in my experience.

OK so I am totally out in left field on this thread. I had to go back and re-read it to get the full gist.
I image they will both last about the same. For the price, the Quilimetal grates are almost certainly the better value.

Last edited:
I bought a few weber sets for my Q-320 when OSH went out of business, I think I paid $40 for one set and $35 for the other 2.

Hey All, I just bought a set of the QuliMetal grates for my old Weber Q200 from around 2008. The original grate has rusted out and I didn't want to try removing the enamel and chance ingesting the porcelain coating. Would you all recommend I follow a process as described here with a light wash and canola oil to season the first time?

Hey All, I just bought a set of the QuliMetal grates for my old Weber Q200 from around 2008. The original grate has rusted out and I didn't want to try removing the enamel and chance ingesting the porcelain coating. Would you all recommend I follow a process as described here with a light wash and canola oil to season the first time?

Yeah, that's a good method....wash and dry before you use them the first time.... oil them on both sides before cooking on them, then keep them oiled after each cook. I don't use the fancy expensive oils though. I just use Pam spray or something similar, it's just easier.

Yeah, that's a good method....wash and dry before you use them the first time.... oil them on both sides before cooking on them, then keep them oiled after each cook. I don't use the fancy expensive oils though. I just use Pam spray or something similar, it's just easier.

Thanks, Kyle!

I used this method and it seems to have worked reasonably well. The center of the grate seems to have cooked a little more thoroughly than the outer edges, and it took much longer than 15 to get the oil caramelized throughout on the grates.

It's been a while since I've used this and I'm finding the grill running very hot and burning food pretty quickly even on low settings. Any thoughts if I have a problem here or just missing something?

I've also added an adapter hose and hooked up a 20 gallon tank.

With the Qs, you basically have Hot and Blazing Hot for your temperature options. The cast iron grate I think helps with that heat production.

They make SS grates, I actually bought some but returned them because I got a faulty set. The SS might not get as hot as the cast iron.

With the Qs, you basically have Hot and Blazing Hot for your temperature options. The cast iron grate I think helps with that heat production.

They make SS grates, I actually bought some but returned them because I got a faulty set. The SS might not get as hot as the cast iron.

Kyle, were the SS grates you got just missing the middle burner guard and they are sending you a new set or did they mess up and design it wrong?

Kyle, were the SS grates you got just missing the middle burner guard and they are sending you a new set or did they mess up and design it wrong?
Missing the middle burner guard, but from looking at the grates it doesn't look like they had a place for the middle guard. I imagine they designed them to mirror the Q2000 grates, but increased the size. They just forgot about adding a middle guard.

They didn't respond to my messages. I just returned them to Kohl's for a credit. Also left a 1-star review.

Back