The Virtual Weber Bullet The Virtual Weber Bullet
TVWB Homepage TVWB Product Info TVWB Cooking Topics TVWB Operating Tips & Mods TVWB Videos TVWB Resources TVWB Shopping

Thread: Another new WSM owner

TVWBB Fan

Another new WSM owner

Hi, I'm a longtime Weber gasser (since 98). Just picked up a 18" WSM yesterday for *FREE* from LetGo in Somerville, MA. Looking forward to using it in the spring. Will be watching some YouTube videos and reading this forum to get info on how to best use it. Excited!

Fire it up now, no need to wait until spring. Works just as good when it is cold out
    as warm. I actually really like to cold smoke cheese and make jerky this time of year.
    Last edited by Dave in KC; 01-08-2019 at 10:59 AM.
    E330 1997 Genesis 1000 Blue Performer wsm22 :wsm18: :wsm14: 1983 Red Head Chiefs NFL Edition

TVWBB Pro
    +1 on firing it up now; I use mine year round. Congrats! YouTube is good but this is the best place for WSM advice!
    Lew
    Bunch of Webers, Smoke EZ, GMG Daniel Boone, White Thermapen MK4

TVWBB Diamond Member Timothy F. Lewis's Avatar
    Hey, there’s a “potential weather event” predicted for here on Saturday and I’m planninga butt smoke. Why not? The thing has a lid. At least I have always subscribed to that when it regards using the kettle. Light it, load it, and lay back! A good time will be had by all!
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

TVWBB Fan
    LOL. I know it's lame but I put my stuff away for the winter and focus on indoor cooking (baking, casseroles, etc). Then in April, I start cooking outside until Nov. Hard to believe but I tire of the BBQ stuff by Nov.

You can take away my BBQ card for this site for the above comments!

You don’t lose the card for that, just two holes punched!
    I understand completely, the mouth wants change from time to time, tonight, teriyaki chicken thighs on the kettle in the rain/possible snow. Last night was a panko Parmesan crusted chicken breast, night before was grilled burgers. Saturday, pulled pork. Next weeks menu still up in the air, I need to do a few laps of the freezer but, if weather gets really ugly, I’ll work inside.
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

TVWBB Super Fan
    For the next few months I am giving my WSM 18" "Classic" a rest as I am on a strict Diet!

Dieting is such an inconvenience!
    Good luck, I should too.
    Hiccup in the weekend smoking project, bathroom shower installation has not gone as planned, we might have a can of soup! Drat and double drat!
    Last edited by Timothy F. Lewis; 01-11-2019 at 08:34 AM.

TVWBB Fan
    I bought 15 bags ($3.90/bag) of the Weber charcoal at Home Depot yesterday so I'm ready to start smoking.