The reason I prefer the closed cart models of the pre 2007 grills...

Stefan H

TVWBB Guru
I am 6'4" and the extra 2.5" or counter top height make a huge difference to me. Until a few weeks ago I did not even know that the open and closed cart models were different in height. The left one is mine. The other one I am just rebuilding to sell.
33825149_10211889113926847_8316712364883836928_n.jpg

I was working on my 2005 Platinum C today and trying to figure out why the propane tank standoffs were on a sheet metal panel instead of the frame. Now I know why. I am converting mine to open cart but I will still have the extra height.

That makes sense Stefan. I am quite a bit shorter, so I am good with the shorter grills.

Never knew that. Being over 6' myself it is one of the things I appreciated about the Summit and really appreciate on the Wolf though the female people in my household struggle with the Wolf because it is so tall and the lid is so huge and heavy. Doesn't bother me at all though

That's what I like about the Genesis E320 It's taller than the 2000 and being a little over 6 foot I like the added height.

I never knew about this change, either. I bet they had to do it to make clearance for the doors to go over the regular wheels. When they went to the 300 series they just ditched that kind of wheel but lowered the cart bottom. That probably didn't help with rust, either.

I am about 6-1, so I do like the higher stance. The 300s also stand taller which is part of what makes them look so much larger when in fact they have only a moderate amount of additional grilling space compared to the Silver/Gold/Platinum grills that preceded them.

I have neither one of those, but just by looking at the pictures I would have removed the wheels and mounted the grills on a dolly...raising them (height adjustable by the wheel size) while still keeping them mobile.

Back