Best wife!

Timothy F. Lewis

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I got the new Cabela's flyer Friday and my wife suggested that I spend some of the points for something for myself for Christmas! So, I ordered a slicer! Now, I will have to get the vacuum packer and a freezer, and I'm off to the races!
Right this minute, I want a brisket! I won't be able to use the slicer until Christmas but, I'm not too much in a twist over that. My wife is fabulous!

Congrats Tim, that's one fine lady you have there.
I have a slicer and vacuum sealer along with a freezer or two. The problem is it's like the grills you can't get enough of them. Every time I see a sale on meat I've got to get some and package it up and into the freezer it goes. With the two of us I bet I would not have to buy any beef, pork, turkey or chicken for a year before I would run out.
I can hardly wait till Tuesdays when the ads come out.
The good side of it is if Barb says she would like to have a steak tonight my response would be, would you like a T-bone, strip or ribeye, got them all.:rolleyes:

I try! I’m still trying to get her interested in lamb, futile!
Working on less than burnt to death steaks too!
It gets better slowly.
Hey, she not only got me the slicer she also got me a big rolling toolbox! She’s the best!!!

I'm glad you appreciate what you found in her, Tim. It pays to remember it frequently!

I'm like you and I really do try to remember it. My wife of 48 years has cost me a lot keeping her happy with various home renovations and lots of little daily and occasional details, but she truly does treat me right! Thanks to her are many of my tools (grill/bbq and woodworking) as well as agreeing to my home theater upgrades. But some things provide almost daily reminders like the Genesis extension cabinets and even replacement parts like the flametamers from rcplanebuyer.

One amusing recent tool was the special grate scraper she found. That's "found" as in a 4-year-old Amazon box she dug out to reuse and discovered this scraper (actually a carpentry tool with a claw that works very well for burnt on food -- cleans down to the shine!). Somehow it got missed among other tools she had gotten me that Christmas. Call it a "just in time" find. Just in time for a major clean on my grill. ;)

Back