Some Yak

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
Well, yakitori, anyway! (I have tried yak, wasn't my favorite....) :)

Had some boneless/skinless thighs leftover from a tasty ancho chicken dish I did in the Instant Pot, so I decided to do them on the grill yakitori style. I marinated in a quick teriyaki sauce (had to sub vodka for sake, so I guess this is Russian yakitori?) for a couple of hours, then skewered the chicken whole. I also had some brussels sprouts that needed to be eaten up, so I halved those and tossed with some olive oil and DP Red Eye Express rub. I put the sprouts on first for about 10 minutes indirect in cast iron, then moved the skillet over the fire for a few minutes to caramelize the bottom. The chicken went direct, hot/fast, with a brush or two of teriyaki along the way. I only got a couple of pics of the food, and one hummingbird pic a la Bob Correll (haven't caught one on the move yet.....though, not often you seem them sitting on a branch either!) I didn't get any plated pics, as the natives were restless, but cut the thighs into quarters, and plated with sprouts and some leftover brown rice. Thanks for looking!

Sprouts:

35318853254_eb446e502c_k.jpg

Chicken off the grill:

36117853076_c3902ee708_z.jpg

Finished sprouts:

36024828661_a28f9ad6c1_k.jpg

Resting hummingbird:

35350865873_809ac55e86_b.jpg

Chicken thighs are my favorite BBQ Chicken (other than wings) and Brussels are my favorite veggie. Your cook is spot on, everything looks perfect

Oh man, I'll bet that was delicious Rich. Sure looks like it. I love all veggies, but those sprouts look exceptional. Nice hummingbird shot too!

Back