There is a rumor going around

russ olin

TVWBB Platinum Member
A while back I heard about a long burning Kingsford Charcoal. It didn't interest me much, I'm not into BBQ'ing with better chemicals.
But what interests me is that the great charcoal Ozark Oak will be returning in a couple of months.
Has anyone else heard this rumor? Just wondering. It was some of the best smelling lump that I had ever burned. Love that stuff.
Also I just ordered a bag of Jealous Devil lump charcoal, has anyone else tried this lump charcoal. Maybe I'll do a review cook on it.
Its suppose to smell great and be the hottest lump that I have purchased. According to the Naked wiz charcoal site.
Will give it a shot and see.

Have a safe and HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!

old grill goat

A while back I heard about a long burning Kingsford Charcoal. It didn't interest me much, I'm not into BBQ'ing with better chemicals.
But what interests me is that the great charcoal Ozark Oak will be returning in a couple of months.
Has anyone else heard this rumor? Just wondering. It was some of the best smelling lump that I had ever burned. Love that stuff.
Also I just ordered a bag of Jealous Devil lump charcoal, has anyone else tried this lump charcoal. Maybe I'll do a review cook on it.
Its suppose to smell great and be the hottest lump that I have purchased. According to the Naked wiz charcoal site.
Will give it a shot and see.

Have a safe and HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!

old grill goat
Hi Russ, Happy New Year

Trader Joe's is chemical free charcoal. I've used it, it good, it's not consistent but it's good

http://www.traderjoes.com/fearless-flyer/article/3053

You have to wonder how "they" make charcoal last longer and make less ash....

Just sayin' (Jim's gonna come kick my butt for sayin' that) :)

Changing the ratio of coal to wood char, using a different type of wood for making the wood char, or changing how tightly they are pressed together will affect burn characteristics.

How much ash produced is also dependent on how long a the charcoal burns. A longer burning charcoal would produce less ash due to the fact that less charcoal is used in a cook that is the same length of time.

Just cause they advertise a difference between them and a competitor doesn't mean they are using radioactive waste to achieve it.

Back