Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: The Adapt-a-Damper - Open Source Project

TVWBB Pro
    Oh, i thought you were referring to the Fan. So, the RJ45 keystone slot has been modified on the newest threaded version of the AD, and now pops in with no effort and stays in. it is now easily inserted by putting the fixed end in first, then popping the tabbed side in until it snaps in place. Much easier than previous versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Mayland View Post
    Brian: Once your jack was in did the tab end of the jack return to its fully unsprung position or is it still depressed even when it is locked in place? Actually, haha I'm not sure, that might be how they're normally supposed to be when installed in commercial keystones.
    If you mean the ethernet jack, I haven't quite gotten that far. I need to put the wires in because it looks like it installed with the wires facing the case, not open to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by WBegg View Post
    Oh, i thought you were referring to the Fan. So, the RJ45 keystone slot has been modified on the newest threaded version of the AD, and now pops in with no effort and stays in. it is now easily inserted by putting the fixed end in first, then popping the tabbed side in until it snaps in place. Much easier than previous versions.
    I was referring to the fan on my original post.

The RJ45 keystone is in the Bottom Case Box, right? Not part of the threaded parts. Doesn't matter. I'll get it in one way or another.

TVWBB Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianDickens View Post
    I was referring to the fan on my original post.

The RJ45 keystone is in the Bottom Case Box, right? Not part of the threaded parts. Doesn't matter. I'll get it in one way or another.
    Yeah, Keystone is in the box. I just realized I never updated that file in Thingiverse when I uploaded the threaded version. Still uses the same box as the V2, but I DO have an updated version of the Bottom_Case_Box that allows the easier installation of the RJ45. I'll try to get that replaced this afternoon on Thingiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by WBegg View Post
    I'll try to get that replaced this afternoon on Thingiverse.
    That would be amazing. Thanks for doing this. I'm looking forward to getting this all running.

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829