My Genesis 2 redhead

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
untitled9_zps45915780.jpg

Took this pic last Easter Sunday.

This was my first gas grill. Bought it at The Home Depot in 1991 for about $450, which I thought was an extraordinary amount of money at the time. The box was so big it wouldn't fit in my Mercury Sable (sweet ride). Hadn't counted on that, and I took home just the parts and left the box behind at the store...maybe in the parking lot. I don't remember. :)

I mounted a big eye bolt in the concrete patio of my apartment and secured this gal with a bicycle lock. Enjoyed it from 1991 to 2002 when I self-gifted a Summit 450 for my 40th birthday, which I'm still grilling on today. This redhead got sent to my Dad's backyard to replace the crappy grill he had, and he's been enjoying it ever since.

I grilled pork tenderloin and tri-tips for Easter dinner. Looks like Dad's got some parts masked off for refinishing. He wants some stainless steel grates and a full-length cover...gotta try to find those.

I tell my Dad constantly...don't you ever sell this grill, give it away, throw it away. Never. Ever. :)

Very nice Chris, looks like your Dad is taking good care of your grill.
I do like the wood slats look, rather than acres of plastic or SS.

That grill looks great! It's funny I bought a Silver B in 1997 and brought it home in my Mercury sable station wagon and I still have it and will never part with it. I gave it to my daughter when she got her own home, when they got a newer Weber I took the "B" back and restored it. I now have a E320 NG I picked up on CL a week or so ago so the silver b is retired but will be making cameo appearances every now and then.

"I tell my Dad constantly...don't you ever sell this grill, give it away, throw it away. Never. Ever. "
Amen to that! I have my circa 1994 from the HD in the garage. It's in pieces and needs a lot of tlc
that hopefully I'll be able to provide but it won't ever look at nice as that one Chris!

Beautiful grill. The more I see these older grill brought back to life the more I think "they don't make 'em like the used to".

Back