Smoked Cajun Pork Loin with Stuffed Mushrooms

Mike Coffman

TVWBB Olympian
I wanted to try something different with a pork loin this time. So instead of putting it in brine I decided to inject it. The
loin was injected with Tony C’s Roasted Garlic and Herb. This also gave me a chance to use my new injector. It’s a BDI
injector and I got it from the Killer Hogs BBQ site.

After injecting I put it in the refrigerator for a few hours.

Out of the refrigerator and seasoned with Tony C’s Creole.

The loin was put on the Grid Iron at 250 using hickory wood with some apple in the Amaz’n smoker.

3 hours later and it was at 140 internal, so I pulled it and loosely wrapped it in foil to rest.

We were at Kroger today and I saw these mushrooms and they looked great. So we decided to have them with the loin.
They are Tuscan Crimini Mushrooms and some of the ingredients are sun dried tomatoes, feta cheese, panko bread crumbs
with different seasonings.

Put onto the Grid Iron at 275.

Mushrooms are done!

Here’s your plate!

Delicious! Loin was very moist, tender and the flavor was awesome. Mushrooms were also very tasty.

Thanks for looking!

Well done Mike with the injector which is a great tool.
I have a similar one in The Netherlands which I use to inject pork shoulder and brisket.
The mushrooms look awesome btw!

Mushrooms and pork loin look perfect!!! How did you like the injector?

The injector is excellent in my opinion John. A little pricey but well worth it not having to reload a regular syringe
and make a mess each time you move it around. It's adjustable so you can dial in how much liquid you want each time
you squeeze the handle. Just don't point the injector up when you are priming it (if you aren't paying attention).. ask me how I know.. :cool:

Back