sold my pellet grill and bought........?

Sparky Rowe

TVWBB Super Fan
I sold my pellet grill last week and bought......

my daughter wants to get into bbqing more but she wanted her own weber kettle. she wanted something that no one else has cooked on. she went w/ me to the bbq store to look for a gas grill for her and she seen the pretty blue kettle. daddy, can I have that so I can cook next to you? what dad can say no to their little girl? not me. kids, when the h#ll are they moving out. ok. it is a nice kettle. none gas model.

me, I got......

I got myself a 18 wsm.

time to burn some coal.

all foil lined up. cya after the cook.

loving my WSM's. :wsm:

Sparky;
I believe you have the absolute best combination for most of us - a Performer and an 18.5" WSM. You can spend a WHOLE LOT more but, frankly, I don't believe you can do better. Your little girl is going to learn how to REALLY cook by having access to those fine tools.

FWIW
Dale53

Two awesome cooking machines Sparky! I've just added 2 pellet grills to my arsenal. A Traeger
Junior for road trips and a Blaz'n Grill Works Grid Iron for when I am feeling lazy!!! :D

Congrats on the new additions.
you've given my an idea: I'll get a Performer for my little girl, of course
she's in Atlanta and I will be storing it for her here on Long Island.
That ought to keep me out of trouble with my wife -
"But I got it for Jennifer,
I'm just breaking it in for her"

Great to hear that your daughter hit the ground running with a Performer. Congrats on the new toys.

+1 I have an 18.5 WSM and an 18.5 kettle. even though they will do anything I need, I still keep looking for a gas assist performer to fill the quick and easy slot. her picking one for a first cooker lets her do everything(grill, smoke, roti(using add ons) and easy to get going)

Back