"Hello, carnivores" from Tim in Melbourne Australia

Tim Hendrix

Hi all, I'm very glad to have found this site, which is certainly the best and most informative Weber site that I've found. Thanks to the Weber tips page I filled the water pan with sand instead of water, and smoked a side of Canadian bacon and 2 brined chicken breasts: usually I have loads of trouble keeping the temperature steady, and I don't like the way the meat surface becomes watery, but THIS TIME.... bang on 200 degrees for the whole 3 hours and a perfect dry and smoky end product.
happy-face-thumbs-up.jpg

Thanks !!!

Last edited:
I'll have to start taking photos now that I have somewhere to post them.

I'm mainly interested in charcuterie so I'll be using the smoker primarily for smoking cured meat, and I've just bought a Big Kahuna Cold Smoker from Smoke Daddy which I'll attach to an old Aldi gas griller I bought years ago, rather than attaching it to Ol' Smoky.

BUT - I loved all the modifications people here have made, I wouldn't mind putting a thermometer through the air vent at the top, and adding wheels or a platform with wheels looks good. And a lid-holder. ALso maybe a couple of handles on the side of the body. Oh, and handles on the lower grate, obviously. And I think I need to get me one of those Brinkman coal pans to give me more room in the coal chamber.... what else you got???

Does the WSM come in red?

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing and hearing about some of your charcuterie adventures.

Hi Tim, and welcome to the forums! As you have already found out, there is a wealth of information here, as well as the friendliest and most helpful people you will find anywhere! You're gonna love it here!

Welcome aboard. You came to the right place to mod that WSM up. Plenty of great working improvements you can make.

Back