For the Wife

Bill Schultz

TVWBB Hall of Fame
So the Wife, otherwise known as the CEO said no more beef this weekend, after all the Brisket and Road Side Chicken this week.

Got to please them you know.
So some fresh Wild Salmon fillets, skinned, salt and pepper both sides, rubbed with Dijon and sprinkled with a little brown sugar. Soaked cedar plank smeared with basting oil, on the grill indirect with some apple wood in for smoke

Finished about twenty minutes

Some fresh and gorgeous scallops, wrapped in slightly cooked bacon (had to have a little pork) salt and pepper both sides and drizzled with basting oil

Finished

If you guys have a Wegmans near you this is a great basting oil. Loaded with seasoning and the scallops were basted frequently with it, I on the other hand basted myself with repeated little nips as it is freaking 99 degrees here this afternoon

Great meal with some fresh green salad from the garden and a very nice wine. Thanks for looking.
Bill

Bill my wife is begging for the same. I sat the plank out sat. so hopefully soon. Nice going!!

OUTSTANDING lookin' salmon Bill!
Scallops are KILLER!!!

how cool is the pool water?
Roadside chicken is chicken Mrs Bill:p

Fantastic looking salmon and scallops Bill!

Another defective plank???? :confused:
DSC_0589_zps36fc9353.jpg

Jim Road Side Chicken is Chicken, that is what I told her but she said the 14lb hunk of meat was BEEF. I could have cooked Lobster Jim but the main course was BEEF. Get It.
She whose name shall not be spoken decreed other options were to be deployed. She was happy. That means I am getting Happy.
Yes I got the salmon and the scallops at Wegmans also. If you catch the stuff as it comes in they are great. The Salmon and Scallops were major hits with the CEO and the kids. Definitely a keeper recipe.
And thanks for the compliments much appreciated, I lost two pounds out there today. This weather here really sucks. Right now it is thunder storming and raining sideways. Tomorrow it will be 99 again. This is actually Baton rouge NJ.

All must be right with she whose name shall not be spoken, how do I know? Well after the initial monsoonish downfall this is our sunset. Enjoy

That was some darn good salmon and scallops LOL time for a cocktail

Thanks Guys, and in regards to the Rolling Rock Little Nips, well, you need to go grab some. Not a fancy beer, but a great idea with the little bottles, always cold, finished before warm. They have a great flavor for outside cooking.
When I was a young Lad I worked in a kitchen in a good Italian Restaurant. I washed dishes and helped the chef whose name was Aldo. He used to send me out down the block to pick up his case of little nips, which he would go through in quick order and on a Friday or Saturday night in the heat of that kitchen he would often send me out twice. Being of the somewhat legal age of 17 he would let me have some.
Some habits are not worth breaking.

Back