Wow. These cookers are amazing.

Dave Meatty

I'm in the middle of my first run with my WSM. The temp dialed in to 250 with no problems. I'm blown away by how easy it was. Started my coals, opened up the vents, let it get up to 300 or so then added the meats, closed the bottom vents down to 25% and that was it. I'm used to my offset smoker and having to fiddle with the vents constantly to keep the temp in the sweet spot. I don't know what to think people. Is it really this easy?

I just finished up my 2nd cook yesterday and was thinking the same thing. It's crazy how efficient these things are, my old off set has just been relegated to my "party grill" (when i need to cook a lot of stuff on direct heat) because it won't be smokin any more

Yes, and wait until you put an ique on one.

Tony is right, the wind is your enemy however if you use an ATC it should fix that.

Man, I came from a modified ECB, and although I could afford it, I refused to get the WSM until I felt I had "paid my dues" with that thing.
I really learned a ton from using it, and I turned out some pretty amazing que with it. I do not regret my self inflicted torture.
When I finally made the jump to the WSM, everything in life became 1000 times easier. lol ;)

The fine folks at Weber knew just how people like us like to kick back, relax, listen to some tunes and enjoy a cold one while we Que and they also knew we couldn't do that while running ourselves ragged with our beginner level offsets. The wife and all your friends ranted and raved about how good your que was and how they appreciated all the hard work and effort you put into so shhhhhhsh it's our secret

I was using a propane GOSM Big Block all those years thinking it was the way to go for easy of temperature control and I was surprised how easy it was to control my smoke with my WSM. I am extremely happy.

Man, I came from a modified ECB, and although I could afford it, I refused to get the WSM until I felt I had "paid my dues" with that thing.
I really learned a ton from using it, and I turned out some pretty amazing que with it. I do not regret my self inflicted torture.
When I finally made the jump to the WSM, everything in life became 1000 times easier. lol ;)

I've got a coworker with an ECB from 1998 that can't stand the thing. I keep trying to coax him into a WSM, but now he's got his eyes set on a BGE, so only time will tell.

Personally I've only ever owned Weber products and am just getting into smoking, but I can confidently say that I love my WSM!

I've got a coworker with an ECB from 1998 that can't stand the thing. I keep trying to coax him into a WSM, but now he's got his eyes set on a BGE, so only time will tell.

Personally I've only ever owned Weber products and am just getting into smoking, but I can confidently say that I love my WSM!

Lol. The ECB is easy to hate without modifications....and even then. ;)
But again, I do not regret learning on it and all the que it cooked turned out far better than I expected.
My buddy recently got a BGE, it's really nice and it does a ton of things well.
However for my money, I'd still go with a WSM and Performer.
Funny thing is, he just bought a Performer for searing after smoking with his BGE.

I'm in the middle of my first run with my WSM. The temp dialed in to 250 with no problems. I'm blown away by how easy it was. Started my coals, opened up the vents, let it get up to 300 or so then added the meats, closed the bottom vents down to 25% and that was it. I'm used to my offset smoker and having to fiddle with the vents constantly to keep the temp in the sweet spot. I don't know what to think people. Is it really this easy?

no need to wait to put the meat in btw.

Back