Show off your Smoking "Area"

Tim O

TVWBB Fan
Seen lots of awesome pictures here that show where and how people set up their BBQ "area"...Figured this could be a pretty cool thread of people sharing pictures of where they keep their smoker, including any cool environments, views, and set ups!

While I cannot beat the Anchorage Alaska mountain view, here is a picture of my smoker settled in for the winter, leaves all whipped off because of Hurricane Sandy. Just a view of the house and truck, etc. Nothing too special, but I included one of when it is the summer - its heaven with a cold beer and some tunes playing!

Show off your yard, area, view, etc.!!!

photo2fp.jpg

imag0561q.jpg

th_downsized_0521111753.jpg
[/IMG]

This is an old picture. Just to the right,I have two wooden tables from Ikea pushed together. With the leaves in,I can sit 12-16 people at the table! I'm working on making some cedar chairs to go around it.

th_Slabbed.jpg
[/IMG]
This is the patio before I added the grill garden surround/kitchen.

And thank you for asking. :cool:

I went from this small covered area (about 8'x8') on which I could fit my Genesis and 1 1/2 chairs with the WSM stored between and rolled out for use...
OriginalSetup.jpg

Also shown between the far left two post in this shot under that small upper deck...
P1070861WalkwayBefore.jpg

To this new space (shown here while still under construction but at least under roof) that I built myself over the past 2 plus months at a total cost of about $3K.
P1080256RoofCompleteNE.jpg

This is a shot of the completed new deck (still to be stained next Spring).
P1080275AllWorkComplete.jpg

These two pictures show the new grill space closer in. This first shows the Genesis in it's place with new lights overhead for night grilling. The WSM is on a concrete/fiber pad beside it making the Genesis side table easily accessible. Beyond in the area that used to be the entire grill space is my chair and footrest. Across from the grill is our kitchen door.
P1080317NewGrillSpace.jpg

This final shot is from my chair looking back out. That's my current shadow, Dante in front of the grill. To the left right over the dog-food-can you can just barely see the black walnut grill cabinet I built last year for grill tools and main supplies.
P1080318FromOldGrillSpace.jpg

So this is now my spot and I'm loving it. I have two small improvement yet to make. I'll remove the rail section between the posts where my chair sits (beside the WSM) and extend it 4' out with stainless cable rails for a small sitting area with unobstructed view. I also want to build a floor standing counterpart to the wall-hung cabinet using black walnut and a slab of marble that I have to store all the grates and stuff I now have hanging on my rails and grill.

BTW, except for the cookers and the cabinet, I picked up all the furnishings on this deck over the past few months from our local Habitat for Humanity store for less than $100 total. As many of you know, when you're retired, you make the best of your budget.

Rich

Nothing fancy here. My grilling family and where I cook on them. I also have a Coleman Road Trip packed away in the garage that I use for camping along with the SJS.

DSC00154.jpg

Tom

Now that's quite view lookin down your neighborhood ....just need to switch out that Cowboys flag with a Patriots one! :cool:[/QUOTE]

Very funny Tim. 😂

Boy I love some of the covered cook areas on here! One of these days I suppose!!! Here is where I spend quite a bit of my time...suites my needs for now..close to the kitchen and fridge in the garage!
E6D9AEAC-2817-4166-95C0-AF157550569E-10551-0000094C6982E1BC.jpg

Yep that's snow...just got done clearing the walks tonight!! I am not ready for winter but its here for me!
Working on some plans for a mini one of these maybe next year!!!
9185443D-1791-4DE6-9FCA-ECB53A919834-10551-0000094C6CF2C9C1.jpg

Along with a nice waist high fireplace!
37AAA1A6-8AF7-42A0-B92B-7F6F09986E67-10551-0000094C708AD4E7.jpg

Any how great looking cooking areas out there! Oh and Tim...the mountains of Anchorage Alaska were probably from Juneau...(pretty sure they were my posts)...but thanks for the compliment just the same!

Actually, Tim. I like your view a lot. But I'm buried in the woods and know about that quiet summertime beer r over a nice cook, so I'm biased.

I know there are a lot of others who grill/smoke in a really wide variety of environments and situations. Even when you have a relatively utilitarian spot, it's special -- it meets its intention. I hope a lot of others will show their places even if they have done so in other threads.

Rich

I posted these recently on another thread but I will add them in here to put with the right "subject."
imageugf.jpg

imagebnxn.jpg

imageqbb.jpg

And here's a pic of the patio heater over the grilling area, because, darn it, it gets cold down by the border!
imagexpx.jpg

Here's a shot of mine during Sandy. The WSM was under the overhang but these two had to fend for themselves. I'll work on a nicer picture whenever nicer weather gets here, along with a good shot of the view.

5BE95A30-7675-4568-A210-FE655584D6AA-1676-00000330B53FA9D2.jpg

Back