Favorite Red BBQ Sauce?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hi everyone im just curious what your favorite red bbq sauce is? Like hot sauce i like to try everything i find. My favorite so far is:

Famous Dave's BBQ Sauce "Sweet & Zesty".

I like really sweet bbq sauce and this one takes the bill. Its not to strong; very light taste for bbq sauce which i love. According to the bottle these are the awards this sauce has gotten:

American Royal BBQ Sauce Contest--KYC--Mild tomato category

Best Sauce in America--Great American rib cookoff, clevland, oh

A sauce i have recently tried and was kind of disappointed with was Gates BBQ Sauce. I thought Gates was a well know name in KYC and i love the sweet taste of KYC bbq sauce so i thought this was going to be good. It had a really spicy taste with really no sweetness at all and had a really strong celery salt taste to it. I did not enjoy it much.

What is your favoite?

Ncage

Any of the Sweet Baby Ray's Sauce (Original, Spicy, Original with Honey)

Bone suckin' Sauce

Head Country

Big Bob Gibson's Original Red Sauce (his mustard sauce is great)

there are others but that's a good start.

ncage, if you like sweet light mild flavor then try Head Country BBQ sauce. My wife and i love that stuff. I buy it by the case.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Buck Creek Berry Hot "Is a tomato based sauce which combines the subtle flavor of Raspberries with the heat of the Habanero Pepper."

They also have a just Raspberry sauce that I like.

I like sweet sauce on ckicken like Famous Daves Sweet & Zesty, Bulls Eye Original or Head Country. But for ribs I love vinegar based sauce. I can't seem to get enough of it. Famous Daves Texas Pit is one of my favorite vinegar based sauces. I want to try Big Bob Gibsons Alabama Red Sauce. I hear it's really good.

BR

1. Cowtown original
2. Blues Hog
3. Corky's
4. Sonny Bryan's BBQ Sauce
5. Cowtown Night of the Living BBQ Sauce

My Sam's club carries Sonny's out of Florida....love it love it love it...I always get comments about it when I use it.

Even being in Kansas City, I don't care for Gates. I use KC Masterpiece as a standard for any events that I cater...it's pretty much the standard KC style sauce. For a thinner sauce, I like Curly's Mesquite. JackStack's spicy sauce is really good for brisket.

Actually, Gates is my favorite sauce.

I dont care much for Bryant's though.

And I cast another vote for Sweet Baby Ray.

Three votes: One for Sweet Baby Ray's regular, one for Sweet baby Ray's Hickory and one for Sonny's Sweet BBQ sauce. It's 'da bomb on pulled pork!

Sweet Baby Rays' Original for me. I just bought some Stubbs after seeing a few recommendations, but not really impressed. I haven't tried it on something that's on the Q yet (some sauces taste better when the fire hits it).

Anyone else like Stubbs?

David, I'm with you on the Stubbs thing. Tried it on pulled pork and did not like it.
icon_frown.gif
Pulled out the trusty Head Country Sauce and life was Good
icon_biggrin.gif

Personally, I like Stubbs spicy on brisket. It is not sweet and has a pleasant heat. I don't think I would care for it on pork though. If my memory serves me correctly, Stubbs in Austin didn't even serve Stubbs BBQ sauce on pork. I enjoy Sweet Baby Ray's hot on pork ribs and a nice spicy vinegar/cayenne sauce on pulled pork.

I think Stubb's is an aquired taste...If you like a sweet sauce..steer clear of it...I personally don't care for it much (Though I still have a bottle in my pantry). I agree with Chet...Brisket is Ok...Pork, No.

I beleive it is bottled by Chef Paul Prudhomme's seasoning company (Could be wrong).

P.S. Looks like Sweet Baby Rays is a popular choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back