Sources of Meat (Silicon Valley)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
Just wanted to pulse all the Q minded folks on the Peninsula in the SF Bay Area on sources of meat. I have been buying my spareribs mostly from Dittmers in Mtn View (man, can he make sausage!) and recently cryovac'd baby backs from CostCo. Also, I noticed that Safeway had both types of ribs on sale this week (probably leftover July 4th stock that they are clearing out.)

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Rich

Rich,

I live in Santa Cruz - work in Silicon Valley. Costco is very consistent with rib quality. Los Gatos Meat Market is an excellent place to go - Some of us have talked them into carrying brisket at Texas-like prices very soon. I go to Freedom Meat Locker in Watsonville. 9-10lb butts and whole, untrimmed packer cut briskets are awesome - the sausage is excellent as well

Hey there are enough of us in the Bay Area to warrant a contest (that doesn't get cancelled)

Perhaps Chris could get things rolling and have a contest in December...???

I like the contest idea.... would give me plenty of reason to "practice"! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Thanks for the pointer to Los Gatos Meats.... I think Watsonville is a little far away for me (I'm in Redwood City.)

Coach B and RWC are in - how about it Chris? A novice-only cookoff for practice and beer of course. You experts can serve as judges, us youngin's will cook. December works because that is the "off" season, isn't it? Football season will still be going, so Sundays sound great.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back