Replacement parts for wsm

Howard Barlow

TVWBB Super Fan
I need to buy a couple of sets of vent covers for my wsm's. I went to Weber's site, but they have nothing listed for wsm in their parts. I searched their site, but it returned no results.

Anyone have a link, or do I need to call them?

Thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Howard Barlow:
Thanks, Chris. That's just what I needed. Well, that and your credit card number so I can order the parts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Chris gives out HIS card number out for OUR repair needs...cool
icon_wink.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

I had the bright idea to tighten the bolt that holds the door handle on my brand new WMS 22.5 cooker and it is now stripped out. The bolt now just turns and will not tighten and the door doesn't close tight. Anyone know if I can order just the door handle and its hardware and not the whole door with handle? If so could you post a link to the site? This has been a real bummer. I haven’t even used it yet. Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill Corum:
I had the bright idea to tighten the bolt that holds the door handle on my brand new WMS 22.5 cooker and it is now stripped out. The bolt now just turns and will not tighten and the door doesn't close tight. Anyone know if I can order just the door handle and its hardware and not the whole door with handle? If so could you post a link to the site? This has been a real bummer. I haven’t even used it yet. Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes you can just order the handle and mechanism. I did this a few weeks back with my 18" wsm.

Luis, thanks for the quick reply on the door handle. How did you go about ordering it? I can not find a WSM parts website. Did you call customer service?

Thanks
Bill

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill Corum:
Luis, thanks for the quick reply on the door handle. How did you go about ordering it? I can not find a WSM parts website. Did you call customer service?

Thanks
Bill </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah just call customer service, they'll hook you up. Most parts you'll never find online.

I had the bright idea to tighten the bolt that holds the door handle on my brand new WMS 22.5 cooker and it is now stripped out. The bolt now just turns and will not tighten and the door doesn't close tight. Anyone know if I can order just the door handle and its hardware and not the whole door with handle? If so could you post a link to the site? This has been a real bummer. I haven’t even used it yet. Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't find the thread now but someone once posted a mod to the handle using a hex bolt and nut to replace the fragile brass insert in the handle. You drill out the hole through the handle and then drill a countersink on the outside of the handle so that the round head of the hexbolt is flush with the handle. Then you essentially though bolt the parts of the inner latch. You can tighten all you want without pulling out the brass threads. I did it and it works great.

I called Weber's Customer Service Line 1-800-446-1071 and explained to the lady that I had over tighten and stripped the insert in the door handle and needed to order just the handle and it's hardware. She told me you have to order the door and the handle not just the handle or the door. I said ok and how much is it and she said it was under warranty and there is no charge. How good is that???

I called Weber's Customer Service Line 1-800-446-1071 and explained to the lady that I had over tighten and stripped the insert in the door handle and needed to order just the handle and it's hardware. She told me you have to order the door and the handle not just the handle or the door. I said ok and how much is it and she said it was under warranty and there is no charge. How good is that??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've seen SO MANY posts here like this and I'm reminded of both the price of a new WSM (ouch) and my old economic prof...."THERE IS NO FREE LUNCH!!"

Back