Myron Mixon Pitmaster Tool

What! no poultry shears, grate cleaner, corkscrew, pliers, spatula, screwdriver or compass?? :rolleyes:
I don't need it then. :)
If I was MM I'd start wearing a bag over my head for letting my name get put on that thing.

edit to add, the above is just the opinion of this sometimes cantankerous old man.

Last edited:
Okay, let's just examine the logic of this...

When I am chopping, I want a razor sharp knife, and I don't want anything around my knife that could damage the edge. So now I am supposed to take my chef's knife out to the grill where everything is hard?

When I am flipping food, I am surrounded by flames, hot juices, screaming hot cooking grates and my attention is focused on what's happening with the cooking food...what could possibly go wrong if a razor sharp blade is introduced into that scenario? :confused:

How often do you use the very tip of your chef's knife for some delicate little nick?

What a completely ridiculous conglomeration.

Wasn't it George Carlin that proposed you could glue any two dissimilar items together and someone would buy it?

Wow, this seems highly useless.

Besides any real man can open a beer bottle with the spine of his chefs knife.
or get the bottle opener tooth implant.

3045712-inline-i-1-beer-tooth.jpg

It looks like it was stuck in a blazing forge, got snagged on something then they pulled it out. My oh my.

Last edited:
You guys crack me up! I just knew what the responses might be! I was watching BBQ Rules and Michael Mixon had a knife with a beer opener. I didn't notice if it had the hook. Probably did. So, out of curiosity I just had to go surfing for it. And there it was! An accident just waiting to happen! :p

This is the sort of thing that someone will no doubt get me for Christmas that I will never use, much like the 20-plus grilling-tool sets I have hiding out in the garage somewhere that I have to break out and use whenever the person who gave it to me comes over for bbq. I can never remember who gave me which set, but my wife never forgets and always finds the set I am obligated to use for that particular cook. ;)

Back