Electric Knife

TimD

I see a lot of guys on TV cutting there ribs with Electric knives. What are your thoughts on this and do you have a knife that you like? I feel like no matter how many time I get my Guy fieri Bare Knuckle Chefs Knife sharpened it never does the job I want it too. Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

Cheers,
Tim

I always cut my ribs upside down. The question was about the effectiveness of using an electric knife.

Cheers,
Tim

I'm not sure what you mean when you say your knives aren't effective? The cuts aren't clean? Electric knives work fine but not as well as a well-sharpened chef or slicing knife, IMO anyway.

Electric knives can shred meat in the cutting path, and they leave a textured surface to the cut. I don't like them.

I always sauce and then cut. I just don't like how my knife cuts. It could just be an issue that my current knife stinks.

I don't know anything about the quality of the knives that Fieri stuck his name on but I wouldn't be surprised if it was china made from poor quality steel.

I have a Cuisinart Electric knife we use sometimes at comps. Along with a Victorinox Granton slicer with Fibrox handle.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts
The problem about electric knives is what happens if the power goes out? There you are, you got your ribs all done, the power goes out, but your wife/girlfriend is at the ready, she has the candles lit, she's good to go. You're there with you not-working electric knife, so what do you do, you go down to the hardware store, you buy a Honda generator then you stop at the gas station on the way home, fill it full of gas, get home, spend 20 minutes looking for an extension cord and two hours later, you got your electric knife going. The problem....the food is cold, and the wife/girlfriend went to the neighbors house for dinner....

Electric Knives....bad idea

Chuck,
This is the 21st century, there are battery operated "electric" knives.
Just make sure it's charged up before the cook. :)

HT1zGbRFD8mXXagOFbXm.jpg

Chuck 99.99 percent of the time if you pay your electric bill the power stay's on lol Yea might be a power outage once in a while though...... Hmmm a solar powerd knife sound's good...What do you think/?

Rapala has had a fine battery knife on the market for a long time along with quite a few other company's.

Back