This years Habanero death dust

Frank H

TVWBB Gold Member
...may be a little different from last few years. I planted a bunch of Habs, but some of the plants died and when I went to replace them , I had to settle for Tabasco pepper plants. My pepper crop was just ok this year , not really a bumper crop.
but between the habs I did get and the tabascos, I dried and ground enough HOT peppers to fill my mason jar again.
heres a shot of the final batch of dried Tabasco peppers going into the food processor for grinding. These are the late ones and they didn't all get a chance to turn red , but they are still pretty potent. Especially the seeds! Man , you put a seed on the tip of your tongue and after a few seconds its like you dropped a hot coal on your tongue.

If any of you guys want to try a pinch , just PM me your mailing address and I'll shoot some out to you.
And don't worry , Tony and Maribel , I've got a grande Ziplok with your name on it.

imagejpg1_zps25d1f4ab.jpg

Last edited:
HABANERO DEATH DUST! The best creative name for a rub/paste that I've ever heard. OMG! How HOT can that be on the Scoville Scale? It HAS to cover all the bases! Still laughing.

Better check those Ziploc bags for holes.

Rita, still getting delightful chuckle eruptions

Rita , I can't claim credit for the name. I believe there is a commercial rub with that name and since my stuff is 90% dried habaneros....I just borrowed the name , I guess.

Scovill scale ? I have no clue , but this stuff is supernaturally hot. It's in a ziplock inside a ziplock and I reinforced the envelope with shipping tape. I don't want any drug sniffing dogs at the post office getting a snoot full.:wsm:

That was thoughtful of you, Frank, to to sniff-proof the package. One whiff and it might have been a career-changing moment for the drug sniffing dog.

Rita

I can attest to the heat of Frank's HDD!

Speaking of sniffing dogs.
When I was a kid my dad had a German shepherd Leader dog named Buddy.
One day dad was making some catfish stink bait over the kitchen sink, using Limburger cheese and God only knows what else.
Buddy kept bugging him about what he was doing, so dad let him have a whiff.
Upon smelling the concoction Buddy gave out a loud yipe!

I smoke dried some this year myself, I really love the way it smells. Gave a couple of ounces to a friend of mine to put in his jerky mix can't wait to get the samples back. Next year I'll do what you did and fill a larger jar of dried and make a little less sauce.

I smoke dried some this year myself, I really love the way it smells. Gave a couple of ounces to a friend of mine to put in his jerky mix can't wait to get the samples back. Next year I'll do what you did and fill a larger jar of dried and make a little less sauce.

yeah , buddy! Don't sniff the jar!

imagejpg2_zps37b39443.jpg

Last edited:
Well Frank, you know how that goes, had to give it a try any way. well several times I just took smaller snorts.

Back