Yellow Bar-B-Kettle

Status
Not open for further replies.

c bay

TVWBB Member
I have a yellow Kettle, no date stamp. Looking for a second opinion. I called Weber and the rep said she thought it was from the 60's. I said I thought they made yellow in the 80's and she said that was a gas model. Doesn't matter really, just would like to have an idea of the year roughly. The vent does say Weber-Stephens Product Co. Arlington Heights, Ill. Pat # 3538906 Any ideas?

If it has a patent number, its made after 1970.

I wish I knew more about the color history, I have a blue one from that color series that pre 1970.

Weber is right. My yellow 1965 ranger has the exact same patent number on the vent. So figure its a 1965 or mid 60's kettle.

Post some pics of it if you can, I would love to see it!

Thanks for the feedback guys, always appreciated. I will get some pics posted, Weber does currently have a few of my "kids" as one of the pictures on their homepage. I was pretty proud to see it this morning. You will see the yellow kettle, basically top row center with my performer and a couple of others. I don't know how often they swap them out, but I was pretty happy to see I made the page. Thanks again for the info. Whatever the year may be, I am just happy to have a classic in the fleet.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by c bay:
Thanks for the feedback guys, always appreciated. I will get some pics posted, Weber does currently have a few of my "kids" as one of the pictures on their homepage. I was pretty proud to see it this morning. You will see the yellow kettle, basically top row center with my performer and a couple of others. I don't know how often they swap them out, but I was pretty happy to see I made the page. Thanks again for the info. Whatever the year may be, I am just happy to have a classic in the fleet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, Great pic. Nice collection. I would love to get my hands on a Yellow. Congrats on making the home page

I had one but it didn't get used as much as the Red's.

Hang onto it!
100_2100.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by c bay:
Fan for life! Got it for Christmas last year.
icon_biggrin.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You da man Mr Bay!!

BTW,
Fine Weber collection too!

Thanks, Bob. It's a fun hobby, and I really enjoy the hunt for hard to find kettles. Thanks for the compliment on the OTG tattoo, the guy who did it laughed when I handed him the photo. "A Weber?" I said how many of these have you done? He looked at me and said...this would be a first. It has become quite a conversation piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back