YEA!!!!! It's here-HAPPY NAT'L CHICKEN WING DAY!!!!!

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Boy, is DH going to be busy today. lol

Haven't heard from too many of you all. So, are you or are you not cooking wings today? lol

They’re coming off the grill right now! I didn’t use my normal Weber Kickin Chicken, these were just basted with some Frank’s hot sauce straight from the bottle. Having lunch by myself today, wife took our granddaughter out shopping for school clothes. I’ll probably eat half now then pick on the rest cold!

03010F49-1E51-4D61-9250-E961E4B709F8.jpeg

My WSM is near settling at temp. Trying my new vortex plate for the first time. Also my new thermo. The Vortex does interesting thing with internal temps.

Wings are prepped and waiting for later. A sausage and a few shrimp for lunch with greens. The rest of the sausage and jalapenos will get frozen.

Wings, twice baked potato and salad for dinner.

There's a word for today -- sultry! Clear, hot, humid enough to raise a sweat sitting in the shade and not a breeze anywhere around. Summer in the Southland.

Yeah, born there, had that, no thanks. 😅. Mine was an expression of relief. Just had to learn to sit and stew. Just glad you're happy where you are -- getting crowded down here.

DH is out in the patio now. I will have to ask him what it is like out there. He is determined to make all 3 wing recipes. I just hope he remembers that I asked him to take pictures. :rolleyes: (he said it is hot and not much breeze)

My wings are just about ready to come off. The twice baked potatoes are ready as are two jalapeno halves. Earlier I finished and packed into the freezer more smoked jalapenos and sausage -- waiting for a rainy day or something.

Also prepared a stuffed red pepper split and separate wings for my wife (allergies).

So evaluation can wait.

It's just noon here and it's 107 degrees. No chicken wings for us, I'm just going to sit in the house and listen to the A/C hum all day. Probably have a bowl of ice cream for dinner.

Rich, you have to the 29th, lets see what it's like then. ;)

Don't tell Weber this, but you can also cook wings in your oven. :giggle:

Rich, you have to the 29th, lets see what it's like then. ;)

Don't tell Weber this, but you can also cook wings in your oven. :giggle:
Yeah, I thought of that. The A/C is under enough stress without the heat of the oven making it worse. 1:30 now and 110 degrees. We might hit 112 or higher later this afternoon.

You may think you gave me plenty of time, but 5:00pm and I just saw this! Time to fast thaw!

Been completely preoccupied since the heart of my LR home theater died July 4. Now I'm starting with a new AVR and have things semi-under control -- at least enough to function. Been living out of the freezer (yes, new freezer too). No one would believe the insane cost of living for us this year of moving from our old home to new! We will persist!

Gotta go thaw wings!

Just lit a chimney of B&B lump. Can't justify the price of wings so will be grilling 5 lbs. of the other chicken limbs. They've been dry brining with my Texas rub and will be served with my buffalo sauce, some macaroni salad and a roasted spud with lots of butter, sour cream and fresh chives.
Fire.jpg

Legs.jpg

Last edited:

Back