WVB Experimentation Day!

Jeff Vandenberg

TVWBB Member
The day has finally arrived! I am heading over to a friend's house today to experiment with our Webers and several different food items to see what is the what. Bourbon will be our constant companion as we smoke up the following: Jumbo shrimp, Cornish game hens, lamb, Vidalia onions, garlic, bacon, bacon wrapped scallops, Anaheim pepper stuffed with crab and cheese and bacon wrapped, goat, 5 different kinds of sausage: cherry, dutch apple, smoked Cajun, hot Italian, and "round Reuben (stuffed with Swiss cheese and sauerkraut). This will be epic!

One of my best friends is just getting into BBQ. He bought a WSM at the begging of the Summer. We've talked many times about doing just this but can never get our schedules coordinated...Hopefully this Fall!

Get out the camera and post some pics!!!

Good luck!

Sounds great Jeff, I'll be there around 1pm.
icon_biggrin.gif

That's some crazy variety of meats there. Did you all eat it yourselves? Looks like you could have used some help.

Pics are great....sure looks like you guys had a great day. I have a lot of friends who enjoy smoked foods, but aren't really into making it. It'd be fun to have a smoking buddy.

We were able to get through most of it without any assistance. Very few leftovers since we spent all day hanging out, eating, and drinking. This was probably the best idea my friend has every had.

The link opens, but I don't see food pics. Don't worry about it on my account. Do I have to be a Facebook user?

jeff,
i clicked on the pic, which led to your facebook page. got a big kick out of the fact that doug stanhope is at the top of your favorites list. i'm his brother. small world...

I think that man prevailed in this episode. I am curious, many people here say thay cannot view the pictures. Do you have a Facebook account?

Originally posted by JeffS:
"doug stanhope is at the top of your favorites list. i'm his brother. small world..."
I love Doug. He is one funny son of a gun. I know you from his Forum. I beleive you are called "Pigdick"? Is that correct? Doug was gracious enough to let me crash in his suite one night when he played St. Louis. I woke up to a dazed and cofused Dougie peeing in the wastebasket and then getting in bed behind me and spooning. I will always cherish that moment.

Were you able to see the pictures from the link? I do not know why there is trouble for some people but others can see them.

yeah, that's me.. littlemikee is a big bbq fan, and sometimes posts pics from his local texas bbq joints on doug's forum. i was not able to find your pics on the facebook link, but i assume it's cause i'm not a facebook member.
nonetheless, i'm confident the que looked great!

Hey Jeff - that sounds like a most excellent adventure. I'm sort of resisting facebook as yet another web presence I would have to keep up with, so didn't register. That said - I wish I was there, based on the smiles on that first photo looks like the fun was about to start.

It was a great time. I am more than displeased with that Facebook link. It is supposed to allow anyone to view the pictures but it seems to be hit and miss. Maybe I will look to Flickr?

Back