WTB > Water Pan from <2008 18.5" WSM!!

Kevin CA

Looking to replace my big water pan since I am going to run waterless per Harry's instructions.

If anyone knows a cheaper alternative (i.e. getting a new heat shield from weber, using the weber water pan cover, mixing bowl etc) please let me know.

I mainly want the old water pan because it is easier to double foil and clean up. I also wanted SOME sort of bowl to collect drippings as I was worried the water pan cover sold by weber would not be deep enough if I smoked two briskets/two pork butts.

Found a pan at some local oriental grocery store some time back. Is about only half the height so holds about half the water but it works. I would say measure the diameter and get similar.

Found a pan at some local oriental grocery store some time back. Is about only half the height so holds about half the water but it works. I would say measure the diameter and get similar.

That's a good idea, I got the 14.75in measured just need to go find a pan now

Welcome to the forum. Try Anaheim Restaurant Supplies on Lincoln near the 5 or Action Sales on Barranca in Irvine. I've been to Anaheim Restaurant Supplies a bunch; they have many sizes of mixing bowls. I've heard good things about Action, but I've never been there.

You could also try just the pan lid. I have one for my 22". At an inch deep and a roughly 7.25" radius for the WSM18 model, it should hold 90 ounces of drippings.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01DE6NC0Q/tvwb-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Kevin, this is one I found on Amazon that works well, at least in my 1997 WSM. You may find something similar or better at a restaurant supply.

Winco MXB-1300Q 14.75″ stainless steel mixing bowl

Some have reported it's a little loose when placed on the grill straps. I don't seem to have that problem, but you can adjust that by placing a couple of washers between the strap and wall of the cooker or by just bending the end of each strap a little.

A long article I wrote on the subject: https://www.virtualweberbullet.com/alternative-water-pans-diffusers-weber-smokers/

Videos, too.

Hey Chris,

Do you have experience with foiling this replacement bowl? Is it easy like the old one?
See timemark 1:52 in the Alternative Replacement Water Pan video. A single sheet of wide foil covers all but a tiny spot on each side of the bowl, which I cover with a small patch.

I used a heavy duty pizza pan in my 22” and it worked great. It’s easy to foil and allowed me to pile up the charcoal.

Back