WSMs made me proud this weekend!!

Robert V

TVWBB Member
Competed at the Oktoberfest BBQ Challenge in Cullman, AL this weekend and got a 3rd in Pork, 1st in Brisket and Reserve Grand Champion (our first) out of 33 teams. Just goes to show that you don't need expensive smokers to compete. For our first year competing, these WSMs have served me well.

WSMs_zps19df8b01.jpg

Congratulations on the great showing! WSM'S are spescial cookers. Looks like you have temp controlors on all of your units. What do you use, and how do you set it up?
Thanks,

Congratulations on the calls and RGC, Robert! Even better that you did it on WSMs! Nice setup. Looks like you've got the big boys on a Stoker and the 18.5 on a BBQ Guru. Temp control? Check.

By my calculations that's $1500 in smokers and probably another $1200 or so for the ATC stuff. I'm sure the RGC made it all worth it. Nice job.

Congratulations on the great showing! WSM'S are spescial cookers. Looks like you have temp controlors on all of your units. What do you use, and how do you set it up?
Thanks,

Thanks. I use a Stoker for the three 22's and a Guru for the 18. I could use the stoker for all four, but already had the Guru adapter on the 18 already so just kept using it that way.

Congratulations on the calls and RGC, Robert! Even better that you did it on WSMs! Nice setup. Looks like you've got the big boys on a Stoker and the 18.5 on a BBQ Guru. Temp control? Check.

By my calculations that's $1500 in smokers and probably another $1200 or so for the ATC stuff. I'm sure the RGC made it all worth it. Nice job.

That's correct Chad. I use the three 22's because I cook 4 butts for each competition. Otherwise, I really wouldn't need all of them. I'm sure Harry Soo would think that I'm overdoing it!!...;)

Nice job. You should be proud. Heck I would give you first place just because you set up all those wires!

Robert,

WOW !!! Congratulations on the Reserve Grand Champion and the brisket and pork walks !!! Great Job.
Best wishes to the SMOKE ME SILLY team.

Back