WSM versus exercise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee-Rowlands

TVWBB Member
I am sure I can't be the only one that has noticed my belt getting a strangle hold on my waistline since investing in a wsm?

Resistance is futile, I have cast aside my training shoes (no natural fibres, so no good for fule or smoke!) in favour of my smoker!

Is this normal or should I seek help?

Given the WSM's ability to hold temperature for long periods of time one could always exercise during a smoking session. That would, however, interfere with the requisite pint or three that MUST be consumed whilst food's on the WSM. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Joe

This is an interesting thread. I've wondered, a few times, what the average weight game for our membership was since using the WSM. On the other hand why would anyone want to inflict this pain on themselves by knowing the actual pounds. Might as well enjoy a few things in life, but obeseity can be a real health problem.

Paul

Well, I will vouch that it is possible to keep the WSM or other smoker going every weekend and STILL lose weight. I've lost close to 30 lb since the 1st week of March, and Robert's lost 16 lb and BIG numbers off the cholestral and triglycerides even with briskets going on a regular basis. South Beach is a great thing... beats the fool out of Atkins, and we can LIVE with South Beach from here on.

Keri C, smokin' on Tulsa Time

You know I was thinking this very thing yesterday. I have put on a couple of pounds since I got my WSM. But I slowed down in general due to a physical injury and I think that has more to do with it.

Confgats Keri ! 30 lbs ! A friend of mine who lost over 50 lbs last year told me her motivation to keeping the weight off. She goes to the supermarket and picks up near 50lbs of meat (for the weight she lost) and takes a walk with it (doesn't have to be the supermarket, or meat , just a weight close to the amount lost) and she quickly remembers how tired she became just from walking. Whatever helps is good.

Jeff

I have dropped over 70 pounds since Jan 2nd on the South Beach. My back says thanks everyday.
Jim

WOW - 70 lbs in 6 mo. I am a former marathon runner, including Boston I might add, who had a herninated lumbar disk and no longer runs. I try to walk 45 min a day and also use the Nortic Trac some (sooo boring). I believe exercise is essential to maintaining any weight loss. I will say I have had a much more difficult time keeping weight off since I can't burn as many calories by distance running.

I'm not really one for specific diets and have tried to follow moderation. As I age that's becoming less effective. I bought the South Beach book, but I really haven't tried it. I like really, really simple recipes and those seemed a little complicated to me. Apparently it really does work, even for former Presidents. Maybe his age is causing him to cut back on his "favorite exercise". /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Paul

Well done to everyone who's lost weight recently.
Do you think your eating habits changed when you got your wsm and that led you to put on a few pounds more than you would have anyway?

As Joe said, the wsm can hold temps for fairly long periods of time but can you leave yours and do something completely different during those periods?

Dunno if the WSM changed my eating habits but the South Beach diet sure did. I'm down over 30 lbs since January also. Way lower trglycerides. But wow Jim 70 lbs!! That's awesome! What this diet did for me is to allow me to still cook and eat great foods on the WSM. If ever there's a diet made for the WSM it's the Atkins/South Beach. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Cliff

Hi all! Sounds like alot of you have done very well with losing weight. Since January I have dropped 60 lbs. By just watching the carb intake, so I eat more meat and we all know what that means don't we? Jim I have to say way to go, 70lbs. wow! Everyone hang in there and by all means good low-carb Q'ing.

Chach

Congradulations to all who have lost weight, Jim, Keri, Cliff, Wayne. Well done! It takes a lot of discipline and determination to change our ways and consume less then we use. I know, I dropped over 120 pounds in 2 years.

Had some problems forcing me to quit exercising for over a year. Fell back to old eating ways, and went back up in weight some.

I have been dropping again since January, not sure the weight, I don't want to focus on it until I'm in maintenance mode, but I've dropped 2 pant sizes. Had the WSM a little more than a month and the belt is continuing to get looser.

WSM does not appear to be causing weight gain for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back