WSM Trophies...

Nice performance and sweet....SWEET trophies! Do these lids come off??? I think someone out there should start making urns like this, this is where I would want to go!

J D,

I'd love to see how you do your brisket. Ofcourse, I'm not asking you to give up your winning tricks of the trade, just a little advice for someone who wants a first brisket to be delicious. Also, could you tell us the trophy manufacturer's name ( should be on the bottom of the trophy).

Paul

J D,

I'd love to see how you do your brisket. Ofcourse, I'm not asking you to give up your winning tricks of the trade, just a little advice for someone who wants a first brisket to be delicious. Also, could you tell us the trophy manufacturer's name ( should be on the bottom of the trophy).

Paul

Paul...kinda hard to "show" how to cook brisket...it's more of a "feel" thing for me. I cook them in an aluminum pan on my 22.5 WSM @ 300-325 degrees until the bark is set...around 2.5 -3 hours. I foil with 1/4 cup beef broth (drizzled over the brisket) until I hit the right texture...not quite butter...just before. Internal temp would be 195-210 ish depending on the brisket. I let it rest in my cambro for 1-2 hours before slicing. No name plate on the bottom...I believe these were made by one of the event organizers.
Cheers!
JD

These "micro-wsm's" are awesome! I now need to hatch a plan to obtain one myself :)

I actually live in Langley BC but wasnt able to make it to this years event and am kicking myself!

Do you think 11 months is enough time to go from a beginner smoker (only 3 smokes through my mini) to being able to take one of those bad boys home next year? lol - might just be easier to talk to the even organizer and buy one :cool:

Very nice work JD - congrats on taking home all that hardware!

Hey JD AWESOME work man congrats.

Matt, 11 months is enough time if you're willing to bust your heinie and gain a few lbs in the process. JD had better watch out!

Back