WSM Pork Steaks & more Rotis Shé-cone

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
marinated in Wicker's for hours on end then seasoned with a citrus rub, 1 inch pork steaks

DSCN2775.JPG

Apple wood for smoke flavour, i did add more lit charcoal halfway thru this cook

DSCN2776.JPG

small Yukons surround the pork

DSCN2780.JPG

two hours PLUS at 275ºF...

DSCN2781.JPG

DSCN2784.JPG

removed the mid-section to direct sear the steaks

DSCN2789.JPG

no sauce was required for these porkers, quite tasty without

DSCN2796.JPG

DSCN2798.JPG

today, turkeys legs hit the rotisserie with two nice sized j'peno peppers

DSCN2802.JPG

these sticks were soaked for two days in a Baja chipotle lime juiced marinade from Lawery's (or something like that)

DSCN2803.JPG

ran outta photo space, we'll continue in a 'nother post....

DSCN2804.JPG

about an hour later, i was eetin'um during half time of the Wisconsin Badger killing of the Gophers

DSCN2805.JPG

The AX stays HOME.
Thighs now occupy the basket.

DSCN2806.JPG

DSCN2807.JPG

DSCN2810.JPG

DSCN2811.JPG

Marinated in Goya Mojo Juice overnight then seasoned with Penzey's Old World rub

DSCN2812.JPG

here.... have a piece. It's Good!

DSCN2813.JPG

Thanks for visiting!
See you tomorrow...
smiley-happy059.gif

Oh man that looks good! Really like the last basket of chicken...That is how you maximize food/inch. So what´s for dinner today Mr B-day kid! :cool:

Jim...I think I coud smell from my nephews football game yesturday in Rochester WI....Everything looks fingering like GOOD!

Everything looks great but I love that basket of thighs. Bet they were incredible, basting themselves as they turned...awesome cooking!

Wow, a triple treat of heat and meat!
I'd pounce on a pork steak, gobble a leg, and savor a thigh with a sigh!

I'm thawin' thighs for tomorrow, gotta dig out the old basket, and give 'em a spin.

Happy Birthday Jim!

First of all…Happy Birthday..!!!!
myspace_birthday_icons_a16.gif

Second……those are some mighty fine cooks..!!!! Pork steaks, spuds/beans, turkey sticks, thighs…I'd eat all of it…at the same time!!!!! Thanks for sharing…

Mike

Jim, I have never EVER seen you post a bad cook. Pork steaks look amazing. Chicken almost looks better than the pork. Almost.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :)

pork steaks and turkey legs and thighs oh my, PORK STEAKS AND TURKEY LEGS AND THIGHS, OH MY!!! I don't think we're in Kanasas anymore Toto ;)
I thought I smelled a good cook coming from somewhere from a north/north west direction. Awesome Jim!! Happy Birthday and have a GREAT week :)

Everything looks perfect, amazing reverse seared pork steaks, but I'm with Don. This chicken is my pick for perfection.

DSCN2811.JPG

And again HBD, we're glad you're with us, Jim.

Back