WSM: Mr Dependable

On my 2nd midnight cook and things couldn't be going any easier. 6lb butt on at 1130pm, reached desired temp just a few mins after 12. Set Maverick ET73 smoker temp at high 260 and low 225. The alarm went off ONCE all night (over 260) and it's been holding steady between 225-238 for the last 3 hours.

Can't ask for too much more from this bad buddy. It does it's thing while you do yours.

Football, pulled pork sammies and pumpkin carving for the kids. The makings of a beautiful Sunday.

Go Falcons!!

Just got to love the wsm Richard! However my ET73 has its moments. I heard that there is a new one coming out called the ET732.

Richard,I've said it many times. Ron Popeil ain't got nothing on set and forget it like the WSM!
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Yeah, it's a beautiful thing Richard. I've got my WSM primed and good to go for an overnight butt. Will fire her up after dinner. Bringing some pulled pork over to mom's tomorrow for lunch. Cheers.

Well, among trays of assorted food, the pulled pork was emptied in about 30 mins...if that. It was great to hear people off in the distance talk about how good it was. My cousin is dead set on buying a WSM now
wsmsmile8gm.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vince B:
Just got to love the wsm Richard! However my ET73 has its moments. I heard that there is a new one coming out called the ET732. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My ET73 works beautifully....from about 40 ft away. I don't think I ever got close to 100 ft though. Not even 75.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Posted October 24, 2010 09:12 AM
On my 2nd midnight cook and things couldn't be going any easier. 6lb butt on at 1130pm, reached desired temp just a few mins after 12. Set Maverick ET73 smoker temp at high 260 and low 225. The alarm went off ONCE all night (over 260) and it's been holding steady between 225-238 for the last 3 hours.

Can't ask for too much more from this bad buddy. It does it's thing while you do yours.

Football, pulled pork sammies and pumpkin carving for the kids. The makings of a beautiful Sunday.

Go Falcons </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like I'm going to have to get my Doll & pins out. A dirty bird can't fly with a broken wing
icon_biggrin.gif

Have you seen the direct TV add? LMAO

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John Ford:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Posted October 24, 2010 09:12 AM

Go Falcons </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like I'm going to have to get my Doll & pins out. A dirty bird can't fly with a broken wing
icon_biggrin.gif

Have you seen the direct TV add? LMAO </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I have
icon_smile.gif
At one point during the game today I was sure someone had that voo doo doll out and was poking the heck out of it
icon_biggrin.gif

Back