WSM forum members, seeking your help for a friend - guide on how to set up and use a WSM

TonyUK,
I think figuring out these 2 items made smoking MUCH more enjoyable for me.

4. Don't chase the mythical 225deg. Anywhere between 225-280 is good.
5. Stuck at 165? Open another beverage. Wait. Let it do its thing until final desired temp achieved

4. Don't chase the mythical 225deg. Anywhere between 225-280 is good.
5. Stuck at 165? Open another beverage. Wait. Let it do its thing until final desired temp achieved
if you're asleep at night, none of these things can bother you :cool:

as was already posted, wrap after 170-180. don't deal with the stall. enjoy some extra shuteye and let the cooker do all the work. less is more. do less, sleep more.

I think the most important thing is:
It is done when it is done :)
Meat (&veges etc haven't read the manual)

if you're asleep at night, none of these things can bother you :cool:
This is very true Brett. However, I don't want to get out of a nice warm bed half-asleep at dark o'clock, possible crappy weather, and have to mess about with the cooker because something has gone pear-shaped.
I'd rather deal with an issue during normal waking hours. That's the main reason I don't do overnight cooks.
Horses for courses, as they say. ;)

Edit:
With regards to the title of the thread, I don't think I'd recommend a newbie to do an overnighter as a first attempt, (unless they plan staying up half the night). Let them get to know their cooker and become more confident using it. My 0.02p

Last edited:

Back