WSM Chimney in progress ...............pix

Just awesome as hell visually!

Got to try it out and it works really good too. And yes , looks good too =)
Thank you.

Peter
CIMG4471_zpsbc144dea.jpg
[/IMG]

Peter, Have you thought about putting some type of cap on it to restrict airflow? I had a REAL New Braunfels Silver Smoker at one time that had one on it's chimney that worked pretty good.

Peter, Have you thought about putting some type of cap on it to restrict airflow? I had a REAL New Braunfels Silver Smoker at one time that had one on it's chimney that worked pretty good.

Yes I did think about that but for now I had no need for that. However if I ever need to do that it should be somewhat easy to do. Also a rain cap maybe nice.
Thank you for your input.

Peter

That thing is a true beast! I love it, a smoke stack flapper on the top would cap it off beautifully. Like the ones on top of tractor and big diesel stacks.

I am curious, how is this working and if anyone else has tried something similar.
Regarding restriction of airflow issues: I see Peter is using a forced draft system otherwise the chimney would be restrictive, both because of the vent allowing expansion and the cooling of the pipe. Whether or not that would be overcome by opening the bottom dampers more depends a bit on the ambient conditions and the temperature of your cook. Did you eventually add a rain cap?
Is that a rotisserie or a rib-o-lator?
I'm curious about the hinge, too.

Last edited:
Hi Tom.
I have used the big chimney smoker few times now and I LOVE the chimney. It keeps the smoke out of my face .............. I do use water in water pan for now so there is some water condensation inside in chimney that kinda leaks out at the back , not a big deal .
I use temp controler with it so temp is no problem at all.
Hinge- I post about it ,it should be easy to find. It took me a little work to make the hinge happen but I will NEVER go without it. I think its the very best mod I made for now.
Hope this helps.
Peter

Last edited:
I would like to see pictures of the inside, cooking grates, etc., closeups of the blower assembly, hinged lid and how your temp regulator is mounted. I know that is asking a lot, but that is about the most awesome modification I've seen. Thanks for sharing your great work.
Tim

Ok, yes thats is a little to much :confused:
If u look at some of my posts , you will find just about all of that.............

Peter

Have you considered some sort of vent cap to keep rain and critters out of the chimney?

Yes and I may do it later on. I am still in "testing phase" =) . For now its working just fine. Im also in SoCal like you so rain is not
that much of a problem. Critters..........hmmmm, not yet :eek:

Peter

Yes and I may do it later on. I am still in "testing phase" =) . For now its working just fine. Im also in SoCal like you so rain is not
that much of a problem. Critters..........hmmmm, not yet :eek:

Peter

I was thinking something like this VENT CAP would add a nice finishing touch and would be functional, too. HTH.

Back