WSM article in Raleigh, N.C. paper

Mike,
Great article (and reference to this website!). I saw it in my print edition of the N&O after my wife pointed it out on the cover of the Life section. The artwork was funny also (But being a Duke grad I only object to the UNC shirt!)

-Chris

Mike, a great article/read.
icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> (But being a Duke grad I only object to the UNC shirt!)

-Chris </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I only saw the on-line version, no picture. He was using it as a rag to wipe up grease, right?
icon_wink.gif

Besides mine, t
icon_wink.gif
he best 'Q i've had around here is Stephenson's Barbecue on HWY 50 between Garner and Dunn (if memory serves). Wood-cooked and hand-chopped.
Many people like Ole Time, Cooper's, Murray's and a new "nice" joint called The Pit in the warehouse district.
I just put a small rack of spares on my WSM, to be followed by beef ribs and chicken thighs.
And a beer for me
Happy 4th.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Larry D.:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> (But being a Duke grad I only object to the UNC shirt!)

-Chris </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I only saw the on-line version, no picture. He was using it as a rag to wipe up grease, right?
icon_wink.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That would be one of the few acceptable uses of a Tar Hole shirt! (only kidding. I have to be nice-- my wife is a UNC grad)

Great article!
Its funny, my parents live in Durham and get the N&O. We all went to the lake house this past weekend and I brought the WSM so I could make ribs for the fam.
When I got there my mom told me I had to read the article she brought me about smoking. I wasn't expecting much from the N&O but read anyway. What a great article.

Hi all,

My membership just got approved after registering this evening... This is my first post. I have to say thanks for the article Mike! I was at my cottage with my brothers when one of them showed me the article (I always do the grilling on my Webber kettle down there)...

Because of the article, I came to this site and have been addicted to reading everything I could about this fine machine and the Art of the Smoke. So, I ordered my WSM today! Someone here said there would be a flood of orders for WSMs into NC after that article... I am proof of at least one WSM purchased because of it. Not in time for the July 4 family reunion but hopefully by next year I will have some serious meat to bring to the picnic!

In any case, thanks Mike for the gentle shove into the WSM world! Oh, I appreciate the UNC shirt in the print article! Go Heels!

Thanks again,
Tom

Back