WSM 22 w/ Comal Bola on top?

Has anyone run their WSM with a Comal Bola on top instead of the regular hood? I have this idea of making an awesome taco station for a summer bbq. Smoke some pastor hanging, smoke some veggies for salsa, maybe a smoked barbacoa. Then on the Comal do some tortillas, asada, chorizo, etc. (side note: I’ve been watching a ton of taco chronicles)

Attachments

• 8B25FC82-A955-4DFC-8ED2-09BACD7002AC.jpeg
    8B25FC82-A955-4DFC-8ED2-09BACD7002AC.jpeg
    24.3 KB · Views: 7
Hopefully the Sox can have some tailgating next year!
The school by the south parking lot ( my dads old school) was one I replaced windows on back in 012.
Grew up in the neighborhood also.

Would the WSM be able to get the comal as hot as you'd need it to be?

Or for tailgating at US Guaranteed Cellular Bank Field... ;)
I have no idea if it will be able to get as hot as I would want it to be, thats kind of the issue. Im thinking if I run no pan or maybe a fire dial and use lump I might be able to get it to temp on the comal, but I have no idea.

Hopefully the Sox can have some tailgating next year!
The school by the south parking lot ( my dads old school) was one I replaced windows on back in 012.
Grew up in the neighborhood also.
I hope so man, It was so weird not seeing a game this summer but hopefully next year we have a team that will go a little further in the post season!

I have no idea if it will be able to get as hot as I would want it to be, thats kind of the issue. Im thinking if I run no pan or maybe a fire dial and use lump I might be able to get it to temp on the comal, but I have no idea.
Sounds like a pretty good reason to pick up an 18" kettle, and operating 2 grills/smokers is always more impressive than 1!

Has anyone run their WSM with a Comal Bola on top instead of the regular hood? I have this idea of making an awesome taco station for a summer bbq. Smoke some pastor hanging, smoke some veggies for salsa, maybe a smoked barbacoa. Then on the Comal do some tortillas, asada, chorizo, etc. (side note: I’ve been watching a ton of taco chronicles)
You would probably have to do it on a kettle and even then would have to put some rods across the top of the kettle to leave an air gap or you will smother the coals.

Back